Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is Doing Animation Halal?

Tagged: , ,

• Is Doing Animation Halal?

Posted by Ibrahim Ali on August 7, 2023 at 11:52 am

As I’m learning editing and animation

So I want to design animation stories so my question is

Would I be obligated to design the characters with the aura that are made halal for us ,

Like it will be animation but not real people so will it be necessary to draw them as the aura of women and men is described in Islam,

And I have seen people making kiss scenes in animation or maybe some other moments ,

What is the ruling tell me kindly so I won’t be doing any mistake,,

(It won’t be about fornication or shirk as I’m Muslim)

Jazakallah

Umer replied 7 months, 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 22 Replies
  • 22 Replies
  • Is Doing Animation Halal?

Umer updated 7 months, 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 22 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator August 7, 2023 at 11:55 pm

The principle of determining halal or haram other than edible is determined by verse 7:33. According to it, lewdness, shirk, injustice and biddah are forbidden. Hence any thing you do contains any of these thing, then it will be haram or will be prohibited on the basis of sadde zariya.
    SO animation is ok as long as you stay away from those thing.

For more detail about halal o haram see Discussion 1749

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 8, 2023 at 2:00 am

If it is not lewdness but a adorable love story?

I want to ask that about the aura??

Like should I draw the cloths in the aura of Muslims or bcz it’s animation so it won’t count in??

Jazakallah for the answer

• Ahsan

Moderator August 8, 2023 at 11:36 pm

Love story is fine
    There is no such thing as muslim dress. Any dress which donot increase sexual desires of others is ok.
    Yes, you will make character in such a way that don’t promote any negative desires.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 9, 2023 at 12:26 am

Okay sorry, jazakallah for that,,

I meant if like for a woman a dress must be till knees it’s obligatory for women

But if it is women in animation would it be exception since it’s not real humans ???

Ofc I won’t make anything which promote bad picture of women just to get any fame,, In Shaa Allah

• Ahsan

Moderator August 9, 2023 at 11:53 pm

Well, it little tricky here.
    I have seen some people drooling over mini skirts of even anime characters. Personally, I would not make such characters. My advise will be same for you.

I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 9, 2023 at 11:55 pm

Yes brother I also don’t prefer it as it make me feel uncomfortable making one gender undignified with making those things so I’ll just avoid ,in Shaa Allah

And jazakallah

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 27, 2023 at 9:15 am

@UmerQureshi
    I want ask that if one need to animate a bulky or muscular woman how can we animate the female character if it’s not allowed to show the body of a woman in animation,,,, ??

I’m talking abt muscles and abs,,,,

Like there is a manga I’m working on it has intense fight scenes, which is needed to animate by next week ,, in fight a person do get injured and so on we can possibly and ofcourse we will try our hard to not animate the private parts in a lewd way for both gender characters but I need a answer on the upper confusion,, kindly answer me ,,, we got no time,,,

• Umer

Moderator August 30, 2023 at 2:19 am

Female body can be shown however nudity is not allowed i.e. private parts and parts annexed to private parts should not be shown. Clothes which are body tight and are revealing the above portions clearly should also be avoided. Other than that, there is no prohibition. There can be room for showing Bicep muscles or abs behind clothes since such features in a woman do not cause any sexual attraction normally, however there should be no element of nudity.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 30, 2023 at 2:48 am

But the abs are located beneath the ribs so would it be allowed? Definitely we don’t intent to show the character as a sexually attractive character,,,

But my question is that a woman is must to cover until her private parts aren’t shown

Would it be ok to wear something if it does show her belly but don’t reach until her private parts???

What would be ruling in both a real life woman or an animated character?? Like people nowdays wear things which won’t show their body properly nor show private parts but would have some cuts on the dress or suits?? What’s the ruling

Like have u seen Indian women wearing sarree some of them wear with the backless blouse but it won’t show their whole back????

And how am I supposed to draw that to show that she is a muscly women?

Can I draw until her real private parts like chest and hips won’t be showing sexually? But the rest of her body be showed or the cloth is tight?

How am I supposed to show and behind a cloth???

Or would it be obligatory to show it behind the cloth, kindly answer it I got handful work on this regard..

• Umer

Moderator August 30, 2023 at 2:58 am

Women are not required to wear revealing dress or tight dress which reveals their body either.

However, in case of animation, if muscles of a woman need to be shown then there can be some room for that because:

i) muscles are not generally considered a source of sexual attraction in women.

ii) The dress should not reveal the animated woman’s body, but the drawing should be adjusted in a way that only certain cuts are drawn which can give an indication that a woman is muscular.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 30, 2023 at 3:01 am

Hm ok so tell me what would be annexed parts of a women body,,

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 30, 2023 at 3:05 am

Such as this?

The fact is the animators are not upon that we need to give idea that she is muscular we need to show that she is a muscular woman on character base like her dress will be change time to time but in some times she will be wearing things so it can be shown she is a muscular woman,,

• Umer

Moderator August 30, 2023 at 3:24 am

It is definitely more revealing (especially the chest area and the shoulders area) when seen in the light Quranic directives on Parda. Attempts should be made to stay in line with Surah Nur directives. Private parts and parts annexed next to the private parts should not reveal themselves, whether without clothes or with clothes.

For details of those parts, please refer to the video below from 1:23 to 26:48

https://youtu.be/vJx8K0c7irE?si=rKRnaz-dmv54DM4v&t=83

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 30, 2023 at 3:08 am
  • Ibrahim Ali

Member August 30, 2023 at 3:44 am

I’ve seen the video,,,, above and here after watching it,,

What about upper man?

And if there is a dress which won’t show the armpits but will show the neckline or muscles till shoulders?? What about it

And how am suppose to draw and when it’s not allowed to show the belly

But showing belly in a sexual way won’t be with muscles it would be plain rightt, but I want to know if I can draw abs it has muscles and is not sexually attractive thing??

• Umer

Moderator August 30, 2023 at 3:50 am

The requirements are different for male and female.

Bodily area of a male between navel and knees should be covered, the rest can be shown depending on the need.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 30, 2023 at 4:27 am

I know that part, I want to know.can I draw like upper man’s dress code for an animated women where I won’t draw the armpits and chest openly, I will draw in a manner where the chest and armpit won’t be shown,,

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 30, 2023 at 4:32 am

And kindly can I give me an idea according to it

Except for biceps

What are the muscles I can draw

And how can I draw the muscles of back like the muscles which are located behind the shoulders such as trapezius and rhomboid , ,, kindly clear it out

And what did you said about abs,,

The whole question is upon woman sir man’s animation is kinda easy, I’m confused kindly clear it out

• Umer

Moderator August 30, 2023 at 4:37 am

I cannot give advice on how to do it because I am not an expert in this field. We can only highlight the principles and you being a professional in the field should use your expertise in making it happen. What you can do is share those animations with me which you are concerned about and I can try my best to help you by pointing out whether there is anything objectionable or not. In case of a copyright issue, you can send me in a private message.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 30, 2023 at 6:02 am

It’s not allowed by company to send u the real animated finals but I can only draw the unrealistic animation so you can have idea of the final character,okk? Will it be fine,

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 30, 2023 at 6:16 am

I want to know where can I msg u on private,, and can u answer quickly after I send u the pfp bcz I need to send it by Saturday so I got no time, kindly help me out with it,,

• Umer

Moderator August 31, 2023 at 8:02 am

You can share on my email address which I have shared with you in a private message

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register