Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is Umrah Complete Without Saee Of Safa And Marwa?

Tagged: ,

• Is Umrah Complete Without Saee Of Safa And Marwa?

Posted by Murtaza Hasan on August 8, 2023 at 10:07 am

Assalam o alaikum

May peace and blessings of Allah be upon you. In a video of Javed Ahmad ghamidi sahab below, he states that saee is not fard but a nafal ibadat and umrah is complete without it as well. However in support of this assertion he quoted a vers 158bof surah Al bakarah. I read the ibadat chapter of his book as well and there too other than the above quoted ayatvno other reference is quoted. Now this does not clatify the issue amply and i want the respectable ghamidi sahab to please elaborate the issue.

As my wife due to some reasons was unable to do saee on my saying on the authority of ghamidi sahabs video but she is also not satisfied.

Thank you

May Allah tala be pleased with you

https://youtu.be/ybnXCdj_kcM

Umer replied 8 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Is Umrah Complete Without Saee Of Safa And Marwa?

Umer updated 8 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 9, 2023 at 12:53 am

It is the other way around, to establish that something is Fard or compulsory one needs a reference from Quran or Sunnah. In the absence of any reference, it is understood that a ritual is not Fard. and when we have a Quranic verse, which describes it as a non-compulsory act, no further reference is required. Moreover, in the presence of this verse, no reference can elevate its status from a nafal ibadat.

• Murtaza Hasan

Member August 9, 2023 at 6:26 am

Thank you shehzad sahab. But still i am not satisfied with the answer. The video of Ghamidi sahab that i am referring to, in that video ghamidi sahb says ” quran k mutalle se bhi yehi baat pata chalti hai k ye aik nafli ibadat hai aur hazoor k uswa se bhi isi ka pata chalta hai”. So qurabic reference is clear in ayat 158 os Surah Baqarah….. my question was basically regarding the uswa of abi….. how it proves that saee is a nafal n umrah is complete without it.

Thank you

May Allah tala bless you

• Umer

Moderator August 10, 2023 at 3:18 am

It is mentioned in Seerah books that during visit of Hajjatul Wida, Prophet Muhammad (SWS) performed Sai of Safa and Marwa during his last umra but he did not perform the Sai with rituals of Hajj performed after the Umra (also known as Hajj-al-Qiran in Fiqh terminology). Thus clarifying this fact with his Uswa that Sai of Safa and Marwa was optional as clearly mentioned in Quran. Please see [Foot Note 1] for historical reference and [Foot Note 2] for comments of Ghamidi Sahab.

It must however be kept in mind, as pointed out by Dr. Irfan Shahzad Sahab above, that once a matter has been established through Quran and Sunnah, historical reports are seen in the light of Quran and Sunnah and not the other way round. And if, in some rare instance, those historical reports contradict Quran, then those reports will be ignored because Quran has priority over everything else.

__

[Foot Note 1]

ثم بدأ فطاف بالبيت ورمل ثلاثة أشواط من الحجر إلى الحجر. وهو مضطبع بردائه. ثم صلى خلف المقام ركعتين. ثم سعى بين الصفا والمروة على راحلته من فوره ذلك.

وكان قد اضطرب بالأبطح فرجع إلى منزله. فلما كان قبل يوم التروية بيوم خطب بمكة بعد الظهر. ثم خرج يوم التروية إلى منى فبات بها. ثم غدا إلى عرفات فوقف بالهضاب من عرفات وقال:، كل عرفة موقف إلا بطن عرنة،. فوقف

على راحلته يدعو. فلما غربت الشمس دفع فجعل يسير العنق. فإذا وجد فجوة نص حتى جاء المزدلفة. فنزل قريبا من النار فصلى المغرب والعشاء بأذان وإقامتين ثم بات بها. فلما كان في السحر أذن لأهل الضعف من الذرية والنساء أن يأتوا منى قبل حطمة الناس. قال ابن عباس: وجعل يلطح أفخاذنا ويقول:

، ابني لا ترموا حتى تطلع الشمس،. يعني جمرة العقبة. فلما برق الفجر صلى نبي الله صلى الله عليه وسلم الصبح ثم ركب راحلته فوقف على قزح وقال:، كل المزدلفة موقف إلا بطن محسر،. ثم دفع قبل طلوع الشمس. فلما بلغ إلى محسر أوضع ولم يزل يلبي حتى رمى جمرة العقبة. ثم نحر الهدي وحلق رأسه وأخذ من شاربه وعارضيه وقلم أظفاره وأمر بشعره وأظفاره أن تدفن. ثم أصاب الطيب ولبس القميص ونادى مناديه بمنى:، إنها أيام أكل وشرب،. وفي بعض الروايات: وباءة.

وجعل يرمي الجمار في كل يوم عند زوال الشمس بمثل حصى الخذف. ثم خطب الغد من يوم النحر بعد الظهر على ناقته القصواء. ثم صدر يوم الصدر الآخر وقال:، إنما هن ثلاث يقيمهن المهاجر بعد الصدر،. يعني بمكة. ثم ودع البيت وانصرف راجعا إلى المدينة صلى الله عليه وسلم

(Urdu Translation Attached in the Images)

(Tabqat Ibn-e-Saad, Vol. 2, Pages 131,132) (First Edition, Dar-ul-Kutab Al-ilmiya, Beirut)

__

[Foot Note 2]

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the video below from 29:24 to 31:39

https://youtu.be/5T1j6yT5LRk?t=1764

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register