Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Seeking Clarification On Contradictory Statements In Scripture

Tagged: , ,

• Seeking Clarification On Contradictory Statements In Scripture

Posted by Muhammad Naeem on August 9, 2023 at 7:25 am

Assalamualaikum! The Quran mentions in 28:30 that God appeared as a bush: “But when he came close to it, a call was sounded from the right-side bank of the valley, out of the tree [burning] on blessed ground: “O Moses! Verily, I am God, the Sustainer of all the worlds!” In another verse of the Quran, 42:11, it’s mentioned: “There is nothing like unto him.” So, my question is: is there not a contradiction between these two verses of the Holy Quran? If Allah has indeed appeared (as I perceived from the translation) as a bush, then why would there be nothing like him? The question is bothering my head, and I would be truly thankful for a logical and satisfying answer. JazakAllah.”

Muhammad Naeem replied 8 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Seeking Clarification On Contradictory Statements In Scripture

Muhammad Naeem updated 8 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 10, 2023 at 1:50 am

No such statement is there in Quran. The verse you referred to goes:

فَلَمَّا أَتَاهَا نُودِيَ مِن شَاطِئِ الْوَادِ الْأَيْمَنِ فِي الْبُقْعَةِ الْمُبَارَكَةِ مِنَ الشَّجَرَةِ أَن يَا مُوسَىٰ إِنِّي أَنَا اللَّهُ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ

“Then when Moses reached there, he heard a voice from a tree in the valley of Ayman found in that blessed land: “Moses! I am God; Lord of the worlds.” (Ghamidi)

But when he came close to it, a call was sounded from the right-side bank of the valley, out of the tree [burning] on blessed ground: “O Moses! Verily, I am God, the Sustainer of all the worlds!” (Asad)

• Muhammad Naeem

Member August 18, 2023 at 8:00 am

The statement is clear: you cannot dismiss the idea that the voice came from the tree. Some Christians suggest that if God can appear as a “tree,” why not as Jesus? Even if it’s not like that the statement of christians is still somehow justified.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 19, 2023 at 12:59 am

Voice coming from a tree, and tree is God incarnate are two different things. Voice coming from a loudspeader is not the speaker himself. It is just a tool to pass voice. It is a bad analogy that if that one thing happened that way the other would have been happened too. What makes the secdond happening necessary for of the first?

• Muhammad Naeem

Member August 19, 2023 at 1:20 am

I understand, this answer seems logical and likely the best option. Thank you very much for taking the time to help.Heart

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register