Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Getting Cheaper Items With The Intention Of Serving More Needy People

• Getting Cheaper Items With The Intention Of Serving More Needy People

Posted by Muhammad Talha on August 11, 2023 at 3:21 pm

Is getting relatively cheaper things such as getting banaspati ghee instead of canola for helping those in need allowed? I use canola myself so will this be me not choosing for them what I choose for myself? My thinking behind this question is that by doing this I would be able to help more people and I think those in need do not care much about whether it’s ghee or canola, branded daal or local one? Kindly guide in this regard.

Umer replied 8 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Getting Cheaper Items With The Intention Of Serving More Needy People

Umer updated 8 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator August 12, 2023 at 3:19 am

The ethical principle in this regard is to put yourself in the shoes of the other person and assess what would be your reaction if the same thing is done to you.

As a general example, assessing before deceiving someone whether you would be ok if someone deceives you?

As a specific example, assessing before buying such cooking oil whether you would be ok if someone buys that kind of cooking oil for you, had you been in the position of that person i.e. being in need of help, would you object to that or find it objectionable? the answer as per my understanding would be no. So you can go for ghee unless your assessment tells you otherwise.

Please also refer to the video below (specifically from 15:09 to 16:47)

https://youtu.be/X2cbEKH_ogg?t=909

• Umer

Moderator August 12, 2023 at 3:22 am

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register