Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Is It Necessary To Get Married?

Tagged: ,

• Is It Necessary To Get Married?

Posted by Ibrahim Ali on August 15, 2023 at 12:59 pm

My question is if a certain person has got no interest in opposite gender and neither they want to get married,

What does religion says about it

Like is it permissible or one must marry someone,,

Ibrahim Ali replied 8 months, 3 weeks ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Is It Necessary To Get Married?

Ibrahim Ali updated 8 months, 3 weeks ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 15, 2023 at 10:33 pm

Islam does not compel one to get married, however, it is a natural and recommended act.

• Ahsan

Moderator August 15, 2023 at 11:45 pm

please also see Discussion 33935

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 16, 2023 at 3:26 am

Jazakallah,,,

There was a hadith I remember which states as

Marrying is my sunnah

And who ever don’t follow my sunnah are not belonged to me,,,

(It’s mafhum) I don’t remember the exact words,,,

However plz tell me abt this hadith I was confused in this Matter bcz of the hadith stated up there,

Plz tell me abt it’s context and nature

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 16, 2023 at 4:49 am

The authentic narrations of this kind tell that the prophet stated it on the occasion when some of his companions were preferring celibacy to achieve higher status in the Deen. That is asceticism which is prohibited in Deen. Therefore, the prophet emphasized that that was not his way.

But this has nothing to do with a person who for some personal reasons chooses not to marry. The hadith goes:

A group of three men came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet (ﷺ) asking how the Prophet (ﷺ) worshipped (Allah), and when they were informed about that, they considered their worship insufficient and said, “Where are we from the Prophet (ﷺ) as his past and future sins have been forgiven.” Then one of them said, “I will offer the prayer throughout the night forever.” The other said, “I will fast throughout the year and will not break my fast.” The third said, “I will keep away from the women and will not marry forever.” Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) came to them and said, “Are you the same people who said so-and-so? By Allah, I am more submissive to Allah and more afraid of Him than you; yet I fast and break my fast, I do sleep and I also marry women. So he who does not follow my tradition in religion, is not from me (not one of my followers). (Sahih al-Bukhari 5063)

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 16, 2023 at 10:26 am

Jazakallah

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register