To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Is Touching Na-Mehram In A Casual Way Prohibited

• Is Touching Na-Mehram In A Casual Way Prohibited

Posted by Ibrahim Ali on August 22, 2023 at 9:19 am

There’s this confusion about touching non mehram

I have seen the videos and lectures of ghamdi SB

And I understood what he said Allhumdulilllah,

But I want to clear it out about

If the touch is not with Lams/masah then it will not be in the category of the touch which is prohibited for Sadd e Zariya cause,

But if it is a normal touch without Lams and masah then?

Like training with opposite gender

Or if even two people love each other and if one of them touch would it be consider lams/masa’h bcz of the love in between ???

Like if two people love each other so touching will be prohibited???

And what about normally like it n our family too we cousins and friends do not mind touching eachother except when the niyyah is different

We can understand as humans can ,

“So ghamdi SB said a person got enough intellect to understand the category of a touch

So we should prevent from that touch”

So if a person is touching someone for more than few seconds as we do in handshake ,,

Like holding hands for a cause or other??

Then??

Like in one funeral our sister (cousin) was so upset bcz it was the funeral of her closed one

So she was crying so much resting on my shoulder,,

I know she is my cousin and we all are close and we do support each other

Now as she was crying so it wasn’t for few seconds,

But the reason here is not that I was uncomfortable but the reason here is if it is counted in the Lams/masa’h or just casual as people do interect or caresses or do comfort others,,, I know that depends on someone’s intention and I also know the situation and way of Lams/mas’h is way more different than the situations I mentioned above but still too clear it out without the preference of it is more better and it is not,, but purely tell me if it is okay until the Lams/masa’h that ghamdi SB told is not included,,,

Jazakallah

May Allah bless you all

(Kindly it’s a request to Umer qureshi sir to explain )

Smiley

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 8 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Is Touching Na-Mehram In A Casual Way Prohibited

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 8 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 22, 2023 at 11:24 pm

Intention, custom, and situation determine what is the touch about. Its nature has to be decided by the person himself.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 23, 2023 at 1:42 am

Yes exactly, I were talking about it,,

I was just confirming about if it is ok or not,,

As long as the intend is not related to Lams/masa’h it’s not objectional, right?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 24, 2023 at 8:17 am

Yes, like handshake is normal in some societies. However, one should not go against the cultural norms as well unnecessarily.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 24, 2023 at 9:04 am

In our house we have something like our own family customs and culture which is inherited from our tribe history ,, anyway in our house it’s not a big deal, and about society and their culture they don’t even allow for the women of house to make her dreams come true or make her career so I don’t believe in them I do study Islam and clear my misconceptions and try to do what’s right instead of thinking about society,,,

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 24, 2023 at 9:07 am

That’s fine.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register