Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Limits On Business Profits

• Limits On Business Profits

Posted by Hassaan Adil on August 25, 2023 at 4:58 pm

Aoa,….if I show a product on my website which originally cost me around 200 RS and after marketing and other expenses it cost me around 800 Rs and I sell it to 5000 RS, and I send my customer the exactly same product as I show in my website, without any deceiving factor. If I do the marketing of product and glamorize the product. Is it a permissible profit for me. The product I am selling has a variable Fair value especially in the e commerce market. Because the profit margin I am keeping is too high and there are very high chances of it being not value for money. Though there are also of it being value for money for other customers. I AM NOT SENDING ANOTHER PRODUCT. I am sending the same as I show. I want to know Islamic teachings on it. Please do reply. Thank you!

Umer replied 8 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Limits On Business Profits

Umer updated 8 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 25, 2023 at 8:01 pm

Islam does not pose any limitations on the amount of profits you can earn. The reason you want to sell your product at any given price point is a business decision which could be ethical or unethical. As long as such reason is not unethical, a higher price tag within itself is not prohibited in Islam.

With that said, higher price on a product does not necessarily translate into higher revenues for a business. If you sell 100 units of a product at $10 each, your revenue is much higher than if you sell only 20 units for $40 each. Pricing is a function of supply and demand, and determining the proper price point for any given product in any given market is a key business decision which can be a determining factor in the success and the failure of a business.

• Umer

Moderator August 25, 2023 at 11:54 pm

Please also see:

Discussion 61822

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register