Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science Quran 16:69 – Bees Eating Fruits

Tagged: 

• Quran 16:69 – Bees Eating Fruits

Posted by Waheed Alam on August 30, 2023 at 5:45 pm

AoA

Sir kindly guide me with this verse in which Allah order bees to make nest in trees and roofs and then says they eat from fruits and creat honey

Sir my question is today we came to know that bees make honey through eating russ from flowers then why Allah says eat fruit kindly answer me as soos as possible

Thank you so much

Waheed Alam replied 8 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Quran 16:69 – Bees Eating Fruits

Waheed Alam updated 8 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 30, 2023 at 6:43 pm

How did you come to find out that bees only eat flower nectar? They certainly eat fruits like figs, dates, and other soft or overripe fruits.

• Waheed Alam

Member August 30, 2023 at 10:18 pm

Thank you for your kind reply but sir don’t you think that the main source of honey forming is flower nectar with due respect don’t you think mentioning flower nectar could be more better to clarify the actual substance of honey forming rather than fruit

• Waheed Alam

Member August 30, 2023 at 10:22 pm

Google says this

Honey bees primarily make honey from the nectar of flowers, not fruits. They collect nectar and then transform it into honey through a process of enzymatic digestion and dehydration. Fruits contain sugars as well, but honey bees typically focus on flowers for nectar collection.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 30, 2023 at 11:17 pm

Quran is not a book of scientific facts. Instead, it addresses people of the Arabian Peninsula 1400 years ago and argues from the concepts that they readily understood. It is quite understandable that flowers are not plentiful in desert environments, while fruits like dates and figs are. It is also a known fact that in addition to flowers, honeybees also like ripened fruits, especially in the periods of nectar dearth. With this understanding, I do not see any issue with what the verse says.

• Waheed Alam

Member August 31, 2023 at 3:29 pm

Yes now i see the logic thank you very much. Jazakallah

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register