Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Ruling On Believing Horoscope

Tagged: , ,

• Ruling On Believing Horoscope

Posted by Ibrahim Ali on August 30, 2023 at 5:59 pm

Can a muslim read horoscope or maybe not believing horoscope but believing zodiac signs and so on like reading archetype according to stars and it’s signs

For example someone born in August will be a Leo so reading things according to it,

Maybe I have heard a hadith it’s mafhum is

Whoever reads or believe those things won’t be the one entering Jannah

I don’t remember fully the hadith

But is it shirk??

Kindly clear it out,,,

And if someone has already read what the person must do,?

Will it be consider as a minor sin? Kindly elaborate

Faisal Haroon replied 8 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Ruling On Believing Horoscope

Faisal Haroon updated 8 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 30, 2023 at 6:55 pm
  • Ibrahim Ali

Member August 30, 2023 at 7:55 pm

I see, but if someone sees a thing like zodiac sings and its perks whicb are contained by the individual who born on this time being, and you see the things which u think are true within u ,, so believing it and accepting it would be ok or it will be Shirk? Even when u know that onething is true

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 30, 2023 at 8:47 pm

The same has been responded to in the link shared above.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member September 1, 2023 at 4:21 pm

Archetypes are different they aren’t about what is going to happen tomorrow it’s about the unique qualities within you which are told after experiments like observing people who are born on a certain period of their zodiac sign and then telling their same qualities which are been observed same if a persons solar star according to it’s zodiac sign is sun would believing in it be a sin or we can’t believe them??? Even when they aren’t your horoscope but simple. Observations by looking at solar stars at the time you were born, it’s scientific maybe, kindly elaborate more to this

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 1, 2023 at 6:00 pm

I already know that. What you are asking has precisely been answered in the response shared above. Please take the time to read through what is shared and take some time to think through it before posting a follow up. For your convenience I am reproducing the relevant portion from the response shared above:

Islam wants that we base all our decisions on common sense and concrete facts. Except where it mentions personality traits, it seems that a greater part of a horoscopes is based on conjecture. There is no harm in reading them. However, one must not depend only upon them.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register