Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Jobs That Make You Miss Salah

Tagged: 

• Jobs That Make You Miss Salah

Posted by Mohammed Ali on September 3, 2023 at 7:51 am

I live in the West, and most jobs require you to miss Salah due to the hours.

Currently I live with my parents and don’t need a job for rent or bills or anything like that, but I’m basically a grown adult now, I want to have my own source of Income. But every single job I have seen so far, overlap salah times. Is it permissable to work in these jobs knowing you’d miss salah and knowing you dont necessarily NEED to work right now? if so, can you make them up after work?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 8 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jobs That Make You Miss Salah

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 8 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 4, 2023 at 2:32 am

Please refer to the following video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPf3rTXNEhI&t=141s

• Mohammed Ali

Member September 4, 2023 at 9:44 am

i don’t know what he’s saying.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 5, 2023 at 3:57 am

You can combine prayers of Zuhar with Asr and Maghrib with Isha because of time restraints. You can offer Zuhar in the time of Asr or Asr in the time of Zuhar according to your time restraint and the same goes for Maghrib and isha.

Also, you can shorten the prayers. 4 Rakat Fard prayer can be reduced to 2.

If you do not find any time, you can say a prayer while sitting standing walking, or driving. In that situation, you will offer your prayer with gestures not performing actual positions of ruku sajda etc. In such siutation if you do not have wudu you can do tayammumm (dry ablution)

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register