Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Earnings From Online Advertising Service Business

• Earnings From Online Advertising Service Business

Posted by Asif shaikh on September 5, 2023 at 1:02 am

Question 1

I work as a freelancer, assisting clients in obtaining advertisement network approval for their websites through temporary measures.

This involves translating articles from other languages (e.g., Hindi to English) for the sole purpose of securing advertisement network approval.

I ensure that the translated articles are 100% plagiarism-free. This temporary translation process does not harm the original website owner because the languages are significantly different, and it is done solely to facilitate the approval process.

Additionally, temporary Google images are used for obtaining the advertisement network approval.

Once the approval is obtained, all temporary translated articles and images are deleted from the client’s website, and the website is handed over to the client, who can then upload their own articles as they desire.

The client paid me for assisting them in obtaining advertisement network approval, not for the articles or images themselves.

Considering these factors, I would like to know if my work is considered halal or haram?

——————————————————————————————————

Question no 2 :

I used the same method as described in Question No. 1 to create a website and obtained AdS Network approval with the intention of selling it to a client.

Now, I’m concerned that if the work in Question No. 1 is considered haram, the website I created might also be considered haram. Despite not knowing its permissibility at the time, I invested money and effort into getting AdS Network approval. So, I’m wondering if it’s okay for me to sell that websites now?

———————————————————————————————————

Question 3 :

During the period from 2021 to January 2023, I was unaware that my work might not be permissible in Islam. So, is all the money I earned from 2021 to January 2023 considered halal, or is it also haram?

In January 2023, i had doubts about whether my work was permissible, and despite receiving mixed advice from muftis, i continued my work. However, in September 2023, i raised this question related to my work, particularly in reference to Question No. 1, which may suggest concerns about its permissibility.

So, if Question No. 1’s work is ultimately considered haram, should i admit that all the money i earned from January 2023 to August 2023 is halal, or should the money earned during the period of doubt will be considered haram?

—————————————————————————————————————-

Question no 4 related to same work :

Thinking to work like this way if this is halal :

If I take a Bengali-language article from another website as inspiration or for examples and then completely rewrite the entire article in English with the help of AI, without causing any harm to the original website, is this work considered halal or haram? Please note that I rewrite the entire article in my own style with AI assistance.

Faisal Haroon replied 7 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Earnings From Online Advertising Service Business

Faisal Haroon updated 7 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 5, 2023 at 4:30 pm

In principle, your earnings are permissible, unless you deceive someone or violate any laws or contracts. I am not very familiar with the domain of online advertising, however, from what I can gather from your question, it seems like there might be one or both the impermissible aspects present in your business. You should be able to determine that your own self or refer to an expert in the domain of online advertising.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register