Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Seeking Waseelah Of Prophet PBUH

• Seeking Waseelah Of Prophet PBUH

Posted by Shaharyar Sabeeh on September 6, 2023 at 2:03 am

Assalamualaikum.
    According to “Sahih” Ahadith, it appears that seeking waseelah from the Holy Prophet PBUH is permissable.
    1. It is reported in Ibne Majah and many other Hadith books, that a blind man approached the Holy Prophet PBUH about his issue and asked to make dua. The prophet said that he can make a dua or the person can wait and get his reward on the day.The person chose the previous.Then the prophet taught him to offer prayer and then utilize the following words: (in brief): O Allah! I seek towards you through the waseelah of the prophet and OH PROPHET! I seek your waseelah in front of Allah so that he may fulfill my need/ accept my dua….
    It is very clear that the prophet taught him to call upon himself in Ghayb and seek his waseelah.How come we are not allowed to follow this?

Shaharyar Sabeeh replied 7 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Seeking Waseelah Of Prophet PBUH

Shaharyar Sabeeh updated 7 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • Shaharyar Sabeeh

Member September 6, 2023 at 2:08 am

On the day of judgement*

In the same Hadith it is there that the person did exactly the same, and his Dua was fulfilled.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 6, 2023 at 3:12 am

Please note that proper references are required for questions posted on Ask Ghamidi.

• Shaharyar Sabeeh

Member September 6, 2023 at 3:52 am

The Hadith number is 1385 in Sunan Ibne Majah.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 6, 2023 at 9:14 am

For reference, the text of the narration can be found here:

https://sunnah.com/ibnmajah:1385

https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi:3578

What is evident in these narrations is that the blind man asked Prophet Muhammad SWS to make a supplication for him, and then asked God to accept Prophet’s supplication in his favor. There is no harm in asking others to make a supplication in your favor, or asking God that their supplications be accepted.

For correct understanding of making supplications, please refer to the video below from 9:33 to 14:35

• Shaharyar Sabeeh

Member September 6, 2023 at 10:35 am

I got that point but I didn’t get the explanation of the Hadith that I presented. That blind Sahabi was taught by Huzoor (SAW) to call him directly with the words Ya Muhammad!

The Sahabi went away and did exactly the same. He called Huzoor (SAW) directly by using his name from far away and then presented his waseelah in front of Allah.

Would you accept it or do you have an explaination that?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 6, 2023 at 10:48 am

How did you reach the conclusion that the blind man went away? From what is narrated it appears that the event took place in the presence of Prophet Muhammad SWS.

• Shaharyar Sabeeh

Member September 6, 2023 at 11:21 am

There is also another Hadith that reported by Imam Ibne Taymiyyah in ” Iqtaza Al Siraat Al Mustaqeem” (P. 373), and also by Imam Ibne Kathir in “Al Bidaya Wannihaya” (5:167), and according to this narration, it was reported by Malik Ad Daar that in the era of Hazrat Umar (RA), once there was drought and scarcity, and a man approached to the grave of Rasoolullah (SAW), and said O PROPHET! Please ask for fulfillment of your ummah for it is dying. Prophet PBUH himself came in the dream of sahabi and asked him to go to Umer RA and say him to be cautious…. And the Hadith continues a little more.

This Hadith was reported in Musannaf Ibne Abi Shaybah and other scholars also declared it Sahih, for example Ibne Hajjar As Qalani writes in Fath Ul Baari (2:6-495) that this Hadith is presented with Sahih chain.

A few other objections on the chain of narrators of this narration have been clarified by Dr. Tahir Ul Qadri in his book Kitab Ut Tawassul (Page 244).

How do you see it?

• Umer

Moderator September 8, 2023 at 8:34 am

Please see for comments on this particular narration:

Discussion 85860

• Shaharyar Sabeeh

Member September 16, 2023 at 3:26 pm

All the misconceptions and arguments about this riwayat have been cleared by Dr. Tahir Ul Qadri in his book Kitab Ut Tawassul.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 6, 2023 at 11:59 am

When we know the proper way to make supplication from the Quran and the practice of Prophet SWS, there is no need to pay any attention to narrations of this nature. We do not know who the man was, how knowledgeable he was about the teachings of Islam, and what was the nature of his dream, when we know that nobody can physically visit anyone’s dreams. The source of Islam is the person of Prophet Muhammad SWS, not the actions some of unknown men. Prophet SWS taught us many supplications that have been recorded in the books of Hadith, and they are all direct supplications to God. We should base our knowledge as well as actions on solid foundations rather than those things that are doubtful, especially those that are in contradiction to the Quran and the well established tradition of Prophet SWS.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register