Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia How To Make Will According To The Command Of Allah

Tagged: 

• How To Make Will According To The Command Of Allah

Posted by Aamar Ishaque on September 10, 2023 at 6:18 pm

Asalaam-o-Alykaam WBT!

I am preparing to draft my Will as required by command of Allah. However, I am not clear on the area where I need to make a decision based on family situation to allocate specific share to two out of my 4 children. The reason is the youngest two are younger than 15 and in School. Older ones 20+ with eldest one graduating from university shortly. This necessitates I allocate specific education fund to my youngest two children in addition to share of inheritance according to Sharia.

Do I need to consult with my family/children before I decide ensuring they understand the reason and fairness of my decision? More importantly do I have to make allocation in my lifetime or if it can be specified in my Will prior to distribution of balance of inheritance according to Sharia?

Wasalaam!

Jazak Allah Hairan!

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 7 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • How To Make Will According To The Command Of Allah

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 11, 2023 at 1:46 am

The Quran says that the law of inheritance comes into play only after the will is done. Shariah allows you to make a will for the whole of your estate and distribute it among the children according to their needs with a full sense of justice and fairness. Justice and fairness do not always mean equality. Needs may differ and so can their shares. You may decide to take your children into confidence or whatever you would like to do to make it acceptable to all.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register