Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam How Can We Be Sure If Hadiths Related To Signs Of Qiyamah Are Even True?

Tagged: ,

• How Can We Be Sure If Hadiths Related To Signs Of Qiyamah Are Even True?

Posted by Hasan on September 13, 2023 at 10:54 am

I was pondering over this ayat where Allah (swt) says:

يَسْئَـــلُوْنَكَ عَنِ السَّا عَةِ اَيَّا نَ مُرْسٰٮهَا ۗ قُلْ اِنَّمَا عِلْمُهَا عِنْدَ رَبِّيْ ۚ لَا يُجَلِّيْهَا لِوَقْتِهَاۤ اِلَّا هُوَ ۘ ثَقُلَتْ فِى السَّمٰوٰتِ وَا لْاَ رْضِ ۗ لَا تَأْتِيْكُمْ اِلَّا بَغْتَةً ۗ يَسْــئَلُوْنَكَ كَاَ نَّكَ حَفِيٌّ عَنْهَا ۗ قُلْ اِنَّمَا عِلْمُهَا عِنْدَ اللّٰهِ وَلٰـكِنَّ اَكْثَرَ النَّا سِ لَا يَعْلَمُوْنَ

“They ask you, [O Muhammad], about the Hour: when is its arrival? Say, “Its knowledge is only with my Lord. None will reveal its time except Him. It lays heavily upon the heavens and the earth. It will not come upon you except unexpectedly.” They ask you as if you are familiar with it. Say, “Its knowledge is only with Allah, but most of the people do not know.””

(Surah. Al-A’raaf 7: Verse 187)

And then when I compare with Sahih ahadith when people asked the Prophet (saw) when will be Qayamat, instead of replying with that as instructed by Allah (swt) how can the Prophet disobey Allah and instead of replying with the answer (as in that verse) “it’s knowledge is Only with Allah” he starts to answer the question and describes very specific signs? and secondly, if the knowledge is Only with Allah (which is the truth) then that knowledge is not with Prophet(s) either, so how did he know this ilm-e-ghaib? He can’t right? Are all of such hadith fake? as they contradict that verse?

Please help me understand! jazakAllah khair!

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 7 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • How Can We Be Sure If Hadiths Related To Signs Of Qiyamah Are Even True?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 14, 2023 at 12:16 am

The verse is about the time of the doomsday, and the prophet tells about its signs. Both are different things.

This has been cleared in Hadith e-Jibrael. When Jibarel asked when is the time of doomsday, the prophet replied, that he was unaware of it as the questioner was. Then he asked for its signs, and the prophet informed him about some signs.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register