Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Causing A Sin While Having Knowledge But With No Intention

• Causing A Sin While Having Knowledge But With No Intention

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on September 13, 2023 at 10:32 pm

Assallam u alaikum, hello there my question is

if for example, I know that a Hindu friend. to whom whenever anything beneficial happens he says something that is Shirk, which according to him is fine in his religion, he thanks his false gods besides Allah and reminds himself that it is them who did it. and I see that whenever he eats food, he says something like this.

so as we sometimes help people intending good relation with them or any other behavior. would it be allowed to help such a friend with intention of getting a good relationship? as there is a big possibility that when he is served food or helped in any way, he’ll say those words of shirk. are we allowed to assist him in matters and at some instances to offer him food etc?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 7 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Causing A Sin While Having Knowledge But With No Intention

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 14, 2023 at 12:04 am

you are not responsible for his actions. we have to do good to all irrespective of their faith.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member September 14, 2023 at 1:13 am

@Irfan76 sir I want to know .

in this thing i am being a cause of a sin even though i was aware about it’s result but I did not want that thing to happen, I did not have intention to help him in shirk.

so sir how is this thing different from these 2 scenarios.

1) A person who I know wants to buy a ladder from me but I know he would use it to steal people’s possessions at night. I’m being a cause of sin here too and also usurping of right

2) A person wants to buy yeast from me because he would use it for 2 reasons, one is baking bread and other is making alcohol. I know that he would both of these (not like either of these but both of these). I’m being a cause of a mubah thing but also a cause of a sin here. although usurpation of rights of others is not there.

so will I be responsible for these 2 scenarios. and if I’ll be responsible and sinful for scenario number 2 then how is this thing different than the example of Hindu friend, In which I am not sinful

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 15, 2023 at 12:41 am

Again, in all cases, you are not responsible for what others do. You do what you have to do.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member September 15, 2023 at 12:53 am

@Irfan76 sir even if i sell the yeast for my own benefit of money, not Allah.

like for example I know by experience and other things. that the servant at our home buys a supply of wheat, sugar, rice, barley and also wine or alcohol of every month in the starting of the month when he receives his salary from me. so even if I know all these things would happen. and I’m keeping him as a servant for my own benefit and giving him salary so he remains to be a servant at our home and we get benefit for it. I’ll still not be responsible for his action of buying wine? even though I caused it with knowledge of it’s consequence with a certainty then still I’ll have no sin?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 15, 2023 at 1:06 am

yes, it is not your problem what others do. Otherwise, it is not possible to deal anything with anyone.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register