Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Haircut For Men And Women

Tagged: , ,

• Haircut For Men And Women

Posted by Ibrahim Ali on September 15, 2023 at 4:19 am

I have heard of various scholars that cutting short hairs of women ain’t allowed according to Islam,,,

Is it true that women can’t cut her hairs?

If she can cut her hairs how short can she cut?

And can she cut bangs ?

Can she cut like pictures in below or simply short ,,,

Kindly elaborate

Similarly abt men , can men cut their hairs in a certain style like having wolf cut or step cuts in their hairs ?

And can their be exception where a man or woman’s haircut is similar somewhere ?

Ibrahim Ali replied 7 months ago 3 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • Haircut For Men And Women

Ibrahim Ali updated 7 months ago 3 Members · 14 Replies
  • Nadeem Minhas

Member September 15, 2023 at 6:22 am

No where in Quran there is such a mention that women can’t cut their hair. Islam deals with morality. In my opinion, if a hair style is considered sexy in the culture and the intention is to look sexy and attract men the wrong way, then it goes against Islam.

The same goes for men. If any hairstyle, symbol, body jewelry or modification is intended or considered sexy, then it is disliked in Islam as it may lead to sin.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member September 15, 2023 at 7:50 am

But normally they say everything is sexy which seems to be attractive, wether it’s hairstyle or anything,

Is it the case that when you wear a certain dress which is like designed in a certain way which is sexy and can be considered body fitted ,, wouldn’t it be the objective in my opinion,

As jewelry and hairstyles shouldn’t be related to this or else no one could live their life’s upon basic objectives

• Ibrahim Ali

Member September 15, 2023 at 7:51 am

I did asked here the length of the hairs so I can make awareness in my house,,

• Ibrahim Ali

Member September 15, 2023 at 7:52 am

If the intention is to make themselves satisfied with their looks or appearance so they can feel confident,, than

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 15, 2023 at 8:17 am

Please note that halal and haram in Islam are determined according to the Quranic principle explained in the following discussion:

Discussion 42832

For the issue of haircuts please see:

Discussion 44176

Discussion 62971

• Ibrahim Ali

Member September 15, 2023 at 8:54 am

Yes jazakallah I know that but what abt all the scholars telling not to cut hair short?

Would cutting hair short come within any of these five things can you kindly explain

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 15, 2023 at 9:25 am

In general, cutting hair short does not fall under any of these categories. However, in a particular situation if a specific haircut is done to signify polytheism (or anything immoral) then it would be considered impermissible for that particular situation.

Traditional scholars approach religion differently. Generally in such matters they base their opinions on hadith narrations. In one of the discussions referenced above you can find Umer Qureshi sahab’s comment on Ghamidi sahab’s approach to sources of religion, including hadith.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member September 15, 2023 at 9:55 am

I see , and if a certain haircut is similar in both gender , than?

There’s this cut called pixie cut for women it’s short as normally boys have , would it fall in any strict rule,

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 15, 2023 at 10:47 am

As stated above, if the specific haircut is done to signify polytheism (or anything immoral) then it would be considered impermissible. Without the proper determination of cause of something being impermissible according to Quran’s categories as explained in a discussion referenced above, nothing can be deemed impermissible.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member September 15, 2023 at 1:17 pm

What could the possibilities of immoral in haircut can you explain it ,,

Jazakallah for the rest

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 15, 2023 at 1:24 pm

That is for the concerned person to decide. We need to understand things in principle and refrain from hypothesizing or speculating.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member September 15, 2023 at 2:27 pm

Than what’s the principle

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 15, 2023 at 2:30 pm

Please see my first response above.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member September 26, 2023 at 4:46 am

If the intention ain’t immoral than would the cut or the style would become permissible

Will the ruling change according to intention?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register