Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Graphic Designing For Weed Shop

Tagged: , ,

• Graphic Designing For Weed Shop

Posted by HASAN KHAN on September 18, 2023 at 3:09 pm

السلام عليكم!

I wanted to ask that would it be halal to design stickers which have no direct prohibited things on them but they are for a weed dispensary and also the word “weed” is used in some stickers?

جَزَاكَ ٱللَّٰهُ خَيْراً کثیراً.

Umer replied 7 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Graphic Designing For Weed Shop

Umer updated 7 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator September 19, 2023 at 5:48 am

If one is the owner and have complete control in deciding which projects to take and which ones to not then one should turn down such projects which engage them in sale of things which are Haram in religion.

But if a person (whether an employer or an empoyee) is residing in a country where sale of weed is legal and one is given this project among many other projects which are not objectionable, then one may take this project provided the original work itself is not Haram i.e. “Graphic Designing“.

For details, Please refer to the following response of Ghamidi Sahab in the video below from 46:34 to 48:41

https://www.youtube.com/live/NyN171MwbmM?si=BAqmJhuiY9pMBG9D&t=2794

• HASAN KHAN

Member September 19, 2023 at 6:02 am

Thanks a lot for replying.

So, In the dynamic realm of freelance graphic design, where competition is fierce, securing opportunities can be quite a challenge. Given this backdrop, would it be prudent for an individual to accept such a project, considering the prevailing saturation and the relentless pursuit for assignments?

جَزَاكَ ٱللَّٰهُ خَيْراً کثیراً

• Umer

Moderator September 19, 2023 at 6:14 am

One can opt to take such projects and there is room available for undertaking such projects. I cannot comment whether it is prudent to take such projects or not, since I am not aware of the dynamics of this field.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register