Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Does Quran Feel Boring After Some Time Specially When Read By A Non-muslim?

• Does Quran Feel Boring After Some Time Specially When Read By A Non-muslim?

Posted by Sameer Namole on September 18, 2023 at 8:32 pm

AoA

I want to apologize for this question. Lately, I’ve been trying to read translations of the Quran in different languages. Whenever I open it, it seems appealing at first, but after a page or two, it becomes boring, and it feels a bit repetitive.

– I’m curious about this in the context of Dawah. Let’s say we give the Quran to someone who hasn’t grown up in a household where the importance of the Quran is emphasized. Even if they start reading it based on our recommendation, will they also find it boring?

– So, is it necessary to read the entire Quran to for Maduu (whom we give dawah) or to have an impact on someone with no prior exposure to it? Because in today’s fast-paced life, very few people will have the time to read it cover to cover, and even audiobooks might not be fully listened to.

– Could just one chapter, one surah, or even a couple of pages of the Quran be enough to engage someone who has never read it before?

– And if so, which chapter or surah would be most effective? I understand that the Quran is invaluable, but is there a particular surah or chapter that has a more significant impact?

Thank you.”

Umer replied 7 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Does Quran Feel Boring After Some Time Specially When Read By A Non-muslim?

Umer updated 7 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator September 23, 2023 at 8:51 am

This issue mainly arises when one reads translation of Quran, specially the translations where no due regard is given to the genre, coherence and the subject-matter of the Quran. Following points are important to understand in this regard:

Firstly, It must be appreciated that Quran is not an academic book where topics evolve from premise to their conclusion or from easier subjects to the difficult ones. It is a literary book written in that particular style, where some subjects, even if repeated are said in a different literary style in every instance. Secondly, the context and coherence of Quran must also be appreciated while reading Quran, some verses may seem repeated when seen in isolation, but when they are seen in their proper context, then that context makes their inclusion inevitable at that instance and sometimes even give the same repeated verses a broader meaning. Thirdly, the message of Quran is very simple i.e. Monotheism, the day of judgement and introduction to the being of God and his attributes, this message can be read in a few verses from wherever Quran is opened, but at the same time, all of this is contained within sarguzisht-e-inzar of Prophet Muhammad (sws), this means that Quran is doing both inzar and tellling about the story of itmam-e-hujjat of last Prophet (sws). Fourthly, the primary objective of Quran is Tazkir about the main message of religion and this tazkir is availabe everywhere in the Quran, therefore it is not necessary to read the whole of Quran to get the message of Islam. Lastly, as for non-muslims, our responsibility is only to give them Quran along with a concise introduction and it is better to give them the best translation as per our knowledge which gives due regard to the context of the Quran.

Please refer to the following videos for further detail on this topic.

Regarding repetition in Quran:

Please refer to the video below from 1:02:17 to 1:05:32

• Umer

Moderator September 23, 2023 at 8:53 am

Please also refer to the video below from 26:30 to 28:01

• Umer

Moderator September 23, 2023 at 8:53 am

Please also refer to the video below from 21:05 to 24:21

• Umer

Moderator September 23, 2023 at 8:54 am

Please also refer to the video below from 30:17 to 33:45

• Umer

Moderator September 23, 2023 at 8:54 am

Please also refer to the video below from 17:30 to 26:37

• Umer

Moderator September 23, 2023 at 8:55 am

Regarding Quran as the only mode of Dawah to Non-Muslims:

Please refer to the video below from 38:19 to 40:32

• Umer

Moderator September 23, 2023 at 8:55 am

Please also refer to the video below from 01:55 to 24:15

The discussion "Does Quran Feel Boring After Some Time Specially When Read By A Non-muslim?" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now