Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Inheritance After Death Of Mother

Tagged: 

• Inheritance After Death Of Mother

Posted by Adnan Ahmed on September 19, 2023 at 9:47 am

Salam Moderator,

We as family have situation here. Our mother refused to accept inheretense money as the amount was n’t that substantial that every siblings of her could make property/invest substantially with given share moreover my mamoon(his brother) was looking to purchase a house at that time too. End result is that she told her siblings that she will not take her share (unfortunately there is no written piece exist)

Many years passed my both mamoon had died peacefully along with my mother(allah un per apni rehmat farmayee). Sons of my other mamoon demanded inheretense from family of my other mamoon who used inheretense money of my nana to buy house. So family of my both mamoon agreed to sale the house and distribute the inheretense to all as per sharia portions.

Now that my mamoon family(both mamoon) are insisting us to take our mothers share and redistribute among us siblings and father.

I am of opinion that as we know for sure that my mother waived the right to claim her share of inhertense during her lifetime so we have to stick with this decision.

So the question here is, as per sharia can my father or any of our sibling can recieve inheritense of my mother in this situation ?

If yes then can we make charity out of her money on her her name or we can use it normally ?

Adnan Ahmed replied 7 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Inheritance After Death Of Mother

Adnan Ahmed updated 7 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 20, 2023 at 1:05 am

If your mother has waived her right to share, the holders of the estate need not give her share to her heirs, however, if they still want to give it, the heirs may take it and do whatever they want to do with it in any legal or ethical way. Good deeds done by one to benefit other works only when they are taught by or asked for or willed by the intended beneficiary.

• Adnan Ahmed

Member September 21, 2023 at 10:12 am

Thanks and jazak allah

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register