Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Marriage Sunni Boy With Ismaili Girl

• Marriage Sunni Boy With Ismaili Girl

Posted by Amjad Qureshi on September 24, 2023 at 11:27 pm

Hazrat Ghamidi Sahib

Assalaam o Alaikum

As a father I am in extreme fix as my son has chosen a Ismaili girl to get married to. I need your esteem guidance

Is this marriage valid as per teaching of Islam.

We belong to Sunni Sect

My son is adamant about this marriage. We discussed with him. He considers that Ismailis are Muslims so there is nothing wrong in solemnising this marriage.

The girl would continue visiting Jamaat Khana n my son has no objection to it knowing fully well their serious differences with our sect on Namaz, Roza, Haj n Zakaat

I seek Maghrafat from ALLAH SWT.

Both are above 35 years n their marriageable ages are going

If this marriage is under the circumstances done then how will the nikah be done. The girl n parents have no objection to solemnising it as per Sunni Sect. And is this Nikah possible n how.

Could u please guide me on this issue in the light of Quran n Sunnah

Amjad Qureshi replied 4 weeks, 1 day ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Marriage Sunni Boy With Ismaili Girl

Amjad Qureshi updated 4 weeks, 1 day ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 24, 2023 at 11:43 pm

Sect is nothing. it is the religion that matters. If religion is a concern of the person, he would have considered it while marrying a person, if it is not his or her concern, he will not bother who to marry.

Ismailis are Muslims as per their claim. We have no authority to declare kafir the one who claims to be a Muslim.

Refer to the following video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoQnYvp-HW8

• Amjad Qureshi

Member April 8, 2024 at 2:54 am

Ur reply is not comprehensive nor addresses my issue. Going round a problem is no way to solve it. Kindly be specific

• Amjad Qureshi

Member April 8, 2024 at 2:55 am

We’ll leave it. I have contacted other Ulemas n got the answer. Thanks a lot.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register