Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Are We Lucky To Be Born In Muslim Family?

• Are We Lucky To Be Born In Muslim Family?

Posted by Hasan on September 25, 2023 at 4:53 am

This always triggers me. I see almost all Muslims (especially from Pakistan) expresses how ‘lucky’ they are to be born in a Muslim family. Our parents have always taught us to be grateful that we’re born and raised Muslim (in a Muslim community). My question is, doesn’t this gratefulness or feeling lucky make those born in Non-Muslim/Atheist community as “unlucky”? What’s their fault?

I fully understand and acknowledge the Justice on the Day of Judgment (and that No punishment will be on those who were never given the message) but my question is still the same.. Should we consider ourselves “lucky” to be born and raised in a Muslim family? if yes, doesn’t it automatically make the others “unlucky” ?

Please help me understand. jazakAllah khair!

Hasan replied 7 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Are We Lucky To Be Born In Muslim Family?

Hasan updated 7 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 25, 2023 at 11:52 pm

Everyone is responsible for believing in God consciously. To be born into a Muslim family is not enough. Those who could not receive the message of Islam, and still have the aptitude to be ready to believe in anything that they find Haq, are in fact potential Muslims and entitled to go to heaven, and those Muslims who lead a life of ignorance and no better than the non-Muslims who live a life of ignorance.

• Hasan

Member September 26, 2023 at 5:15 am

Thank you Dr. Irfan, jazakAllah khair! This answer convinces me theoretically, and I agree, but my question is still the same practically.

Wouldn’t you agree that the awareness of Islam (Quran) all around people for example born in Pakistan/Saudi Arabia/UAE is massive! … So they’re most likely to “consciously accept Islam” too.. compared to an opposite scenario where a community where Islam is only mocked, Verses wrongly presented, hadiths further making it look bad, they’re more likely end up hating/rejecting Islam, don’t you think?

With such a massive difference in surrounding influences, especially since birth, how can I convince myself it’s fair and equal test (of Iman) for everyone on earth?

Plus, ignorance in born Muslims would not always lead to eternal hellfire (they still believe in Allah, His Messenger and Last Day), but ignorance in born Non-Muslims might end up staying away from Islam altogether. So how/why is fate so geographical-birth dependant (practically speaking)?

jazakAllah khair!

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 27, 2023 at 6:28 am

The answer to your question is still there in the first response. If one with all honesty and after due deliberation comes to a wrong conclusion, he has sufficient excuses for his ignorance and not only he be forgiven but rewarded for his efforts for seeking truth but ends up with a wrong conclusion. This is what God has told us in Surah Maida verses 116 to the last of the surah, where Jesus asks for concession for his followers who consider him and his mother gods too. God responds that the truthful ones will get their reward.

To believe in Islam is not enough to enter into paradise. If a Muslim deliberately violates the Hudood of God, for example, murder someone or usurp the property of others, he will be sentenced to eternal hell. see the verse: 4: 15 and 4: 93.

Ignorant belief in any religion avails no good even in Islam.

• Hasan

Member September 27, 2023 at 6:55 am

JazakAllah Khair Dr. Irfan, that clarifies everything!! I am now convinced that despite the massive differences in external influences (especially upbringing) it still doesn’t affect the inner/self truthfulness (which is the primary element that we’ll be judged upon). And it’s supported by the Quran! thank you for sharing those Verses, I have read them before but never pondered in this context. I agree with your conclusion. Thanks you so much!

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register