Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran An Easy Book.

• Quran An Easy Book.

Posted by Raja Ehsan on July 22, 2020 at 4:24 am

Why it is mentioned that quran is an easy book to understand when scholars like ghamidi sahab took almost his whole life to understand it.even though certain people disagree on many matters. Every person has his own IQ level of understanding .every one has its own interpretations regarding every matter and people agree or disagree on it based upon their personal liking and either that interpretation match there ideas..in this situation every1 will agree or disagree.question is that how we come to know who is saying the right thing?

Saba Madani replied 3 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 25 Replies
  • 25 Replies
  • Quran An Easy Book.

Saba Madani updated 3 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 25 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator July 22, 2020 at 4:32 am

For comments of Ghamidi sb. on the language of Quran, regarding his prescribed principles and how Quran is a permanent source of Hidaya for a common man, please refer to the video below from 1:04:30 to 1:09:48

https://youtu.be/cQn9tcHEoq8?t=3870

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 22, 2020 at 8:34 am

Is Qur’an a fully detailed explanation of all things and is it clear ? If yes, it should be easy to understand on its own.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 22, 2020 at 9:40 am

Have you read the entire book with an intention to seek truth and gain guidance?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 22, 2020 at 10:04 pm

Yes, intention to seek truth, but not necessarily to believe . First of all, I don’t understand Arabic, so I read it in English. I couldn’t understand many things in it, and the things I read, were confusing. Also, some of the verses were not at all clear to me because that required associated context, as most of them were to address issues in Prophet’s time, and without reading the associated history, they didn’t make sense on their own.

In my humble opinion, many verses I found to be suiting Prophet Muhammad’s personal desires, indicating to me that the verses were created by himself.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 22, 2020 at 11:16 pm

Fair enough . Doubt is the first step towards discovery. I too started reading the translation of the Quran when I was about 10-11 years old and it honestly it made no sense to me whatsoever. With time, my doubts became even stronger because what I was hearing from the masjid imams and scholars was painting a completely different picture. Time went by. I consulted many scholars, subscribed to many different sects, read whatever I could find, but at one point in my heart I gave up Islam. I could sense that there was a Creator, but from what I could tell, neither did the Quran nor did the preachers truly represent it. I looked into other religions as well, but long story short, I came across Ghamidi sahab.

While I have learnt an enormous amount from Ghamidi sahab, I think one thing that I value the most is his straightforward and simplistic approach to God. As he puts it, the road to truth is always a very simple one.

One really doesn’t need to know anything in order to understand the message of the Quran. All that’s required is a reasonable intellect and a willingness to read it with an open mind. Forget about what you already know about Islam, or the prophet, or the sunnah, or the hadith, or the history, or the fiqh – all that is unnecessary baggage when first understanding the message of God. Read the Quran with a fresh set of eyes, and if you’re purposefully reading it, then I can assure you that your purpose will definitely be fulfilled – many many times over.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 23, 2020 at 2:07 am

Thank you Faisal bhai for giving your story.. and it is refreshing to see you reject the mainstream Islam preached by various sects and imams.

I like Ghamidi saab too because I find many of his explanations good and peaceful. I also like that he, as a scholar, encourages questions and doesn’t believe in some of the regressive practices other scholars believe in. His mannerism and calm personality are appreciable, and also he explains many verses well.

Having said that, in my opinion, even he can’t defend some of the immorality and logical flaws in Islam, however good he is. I have raised a few objections to his description of apostasy/wife beating/killing disbelievers etc.

In my humble opinion, he tries to save some of the immorality and illogical stuff mentioned in Islamic scriptures, but in the process, he has to compromise on his own dignified approach to justice, and equality which he otherwise professes.

It is not easy to defend Islamic scriptures, as they are full of many immoral things, and Ghamidi saab rejects some hadiths but even the ones he accepts are problematic.

Thanks once again for taking your time explaining me your journey to Islam. I hope to get my point of view across and hopefully learn something here.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 23, 2020 at 8:40 am

Not a problem, my friend. Personally I can tell you that the issues you have are based on misconceptions. But if your intentions are pure and you’re willing to make the effort, then I have not doubt in my mind that they will all clear up.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 23, 2020 at 12:07 pm

Sure, let us both have an open mind and see where the truth takes us to.

• Raja Ehsan

Member July 22, 2020 at 11:41 pm

Brother . Things are not that simple what you discribed.still lots of people diagree upon things u believe true.every human is born with a different psychology and in different environment.every1 want to hear his own kind of truth what he likes.believe me if we both read a paragraph from any book we will understand it in own capacity.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 23, 2020 at 2:16 am

Yes, you are right.. but we expect the creator of the universe to be very thorough and very clear, avoiding ambiguity in his final message to the humanity.

If after 1400 years, reputed scholars, despite devoting the major part of their lives sincerely to understand God’s message, are not clear and not sure what the verse means , it is not the failure of the humans, but the failure of the writer of the book, which claims to be clear and fully detailed explanation of all things in religion.

PS: Since I am not a Muslim, I don’t believe that the creator of the universe is the writer of the Qur’an. In my opinion, most likely it was created by Prophet Muhammad himself, and he attributed it to the God. There are 3 or 4 such verses which make me have this doubt in my mind, but those verses are not the scope of this thread, so I will not mention them here.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 23, 2020 at 8:36 am

There’s absolutely no ambiguity in the final word of God. In fact the Quran starts with this claim in no uncertain terms.

Quran 2:2-3
      THIS DIVINE WRIT – let there be no doubt about it is [meant to be] a guidance for all the God-conscious. Who believe in [the existence of] that which is beyond the reach of human perception, and are constant in prayer, and spend on others out of what We provide for them as sustenance;

It’s true that the word of God has been mistranslated in the past, but that most certainly is human error. Such errors have taken place in understanding the work of God (the universe) as well, and have persisted for thousands of years in human history. Quran itself is very clear in claiming it’s own authority as the meezan (scale) and furqan (criterion). There’s not a single tafseer/translation that one can find outside of the Farahi approach that has given Quran it’s due authority. If people chose to understand Quran through the lens of hadith, history, or science, among other things, then I think the blame can’t be passed on to God.

As for the doubt regarding whether or not Quran is really the word of the Creator, I think it’s an extremely healthy doubt. But that’s something which can be established rather quickly and with very little effort.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 23, 2020 at 10:43 am

“There’s not a single tafseer/translation that one can find outside of the Farahi approach that has given Quran it’s due authority.”

If only one school/approach is the right way to understand Qur’an, why so many scholars failed to get the true message of God ?

“If people chose to understand Quran through the lens of hadith, history, or science, among other things, then I think the blame can’t be passed on to God.”

The blame lies on the writer of the Qur’an if he didn’t specify the “correct” way of reading and understanding Qur’an, causing them ALL to misunderstand and misinterpret it.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 23, 2020 at 8:13 pm

I’m sorry my friend, but that’s a rather simplistic and an unrealistic way to look at the universe. Knowledge goes through a continuous discovery process and gets refined over time. A scientist believes in something and even proves it to the best of his capability, while the next scientist completely topples his theory in the favor of another. Sometimes there is even a gap of thousands of years in the middle, but it really doesn’t matter. What really matters is the attitude towards the truth.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 23, 2020 at 9:25 pm

The creator of the universe spent his energy in protecting/preserving the “message” content, but didn’t bother that it was misinterpreted and misunderstood by the mainstream believers despite their best and sincere efforts to understand it ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 23, 2020 at 10:49 pm

Yes, that is absolutely correct, and I find no reason to be skeptical about that. The test that we are in, otherwise known as life, is first and foremost about the recognition of truth and our attitude towards it. The reward and punishment is not solely based on wrong and right – it’s based on whether a person rejected right after knowing it was right, or accepted wrong after knowing it was wrong.

As I stated before, knowledge is never static – it gets refined with time. Newton’s Universal Gravitation was his truth that he reached after his best and sincere effort, but Einstein presented a better truth called the General Theory of Relativity that completely contradicts the version presented by Newton. And now they’re even questioning Einstein and will probably come up with an even better explanation for gravity. The evolution of knowledge is all but natural. If today I reject Einstein in favor of Newton, knowing well that Einstein has the current version of truth, then I’m guilty of kufr – and that God will never accept from me.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 23, 2020 at 10:52 pm

Unless the message is clear, how would people know what is right and wrong ? The problem with Qur’an’s message is that it is not clear if some actions are moral or immoral. Taking action after knowing right and wrong is another matter, but the confusion lies in the message itself.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 23, 2020 at 11:03 pm

Once again, if one has a pure intention to seek guidance, and they read the entire Quran with an open mind leaving behind other influences, prejudices, and biases, there are no confusions. Of course, questions will pop, and at times things might seem confusing, but with a bit of patience and sincere contemplation Quran itself will answer everything.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 23, 2020 at 11:07 pm

Also as I stated earlier, it’s not about right and wrong – it’s about truth and falsehood. A person who does wrong, sincerely believing it was right, has not much to worry about as far as afterlife is concerned.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 23, 2020 at 11:10 pm

Can you please give a Qur’an verse or authentic Hadith which says this ?

“If a person who does wrong, sincerely believing it is right, has no fear for the afterlife”

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 23, 2020 at 12:06 am

There’s no problem in understanding anything differently. For as long as there shall be humans on this planet, there shall be differences of opinion. Differing opinions is what makes this world go around – it’s God’s mechanism for the advancement of knowledge in this world.

As per the Quran we’re only responsible to practice what we have honestly understood. Besides, barring the prophets of God, there’s no one else in the whole wide world who can or could ever have claimed to know the entire truth. What matters is our attitude towards the truth. If we believe in one thing today, and tomorrow we find really strong evidence that we were wrong. What do we do? Do we accept the new truth (extremely hard), or we cling to what we now know to be the falsehood? That’s the test. From the story of satan to the story of prophet Muhammad SAW and every story in the middle – that’s the message of the Quran.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 23, 2020 at 2:18 am

Fully agree. The intellectual honesty would demand that if we know our stance to be wrong, we should change it to the new truth we encounter today, instead of stubbornly looking for ways to cling on to our truth of yesterday.

I hope this principle is applied to both Muslims and non-Muslims equally.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 23, 2020 at 8:49 am

Yes absolutely, I was referring to attitude towards the truth by every individual – regardless of their belief system. I consider myself a Muslim and I still face this challenge on a constant basis. This is a lifelong attitude and it has nothing to do with religion specifically.

• Saba Madani

Member July 24, 2020 at 12:02 am

Most of the verses of the Qur’an probably won’t be clear with out knowing the context. But there are some very clear verses too. If you go over the whole book ignoring the ones which are not clear and just focusing on easy to understand clear verses, you will definitely 100%, get the message Qur’an is trying to give you and also know that this message can’t be from anyone else but the creator of the universe. So Br. Bhagwat! Please do it and see it yourself

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 12:19 am

“Most of the verses of the Qur’an probably won’t be clear with out knowing the context.”

But Qur’an claims to be clear and fully detailed exposition of all things. Are you saying it is not fully clear ?

“also know that this message can’t be from anyone else but the creator of the universe”

Which verse makes us convinced that it can’t be from anyone but the creator of the universe ?

• Saba Madani

Member July 24, 2020 at 12:43 am

Qur’an is fully clear as it claims but you need to know the background when some of these verses were revealed in order to fully understand them. As it requires more time,I was suggesting just go over all the verses which are easy to understand without context. The intention must be purely to get the message of the Qur’an.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register