Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Exact Meaning Of La Hawla Wa La Quwwata Illa Billah (لاحول ولا قوة إلا بالله)

Tagged: , ,

• Exact Meaning Of La Hawla Wa La Quwwata Illa Billah (لاحول ولا قوة إلا بالله)

Posted by Shahzaib Afzal on September 26, 2023 at 12:53 pm

If we say la huwala quwata Ila bilah it means neither I have power of decision and nor energy to execute anything without the toufeeq of Allah … so what ever we do or say is it by toufeeq of Allah it means we are not free do you have any details about it…

Umer replied 7 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Exact Meaning Of La Hawla Wa La Quwwata Illa Billah (لاحول ولا قوة إلا بالله)

Umer updated 7 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator September 26, 2023 at 11:41 pm

it means “no strength or power except Allah”

• Shahzaib Afzal

Member September 27, 2023 at 4:30 am

Means all of our strengths and powers is nothing kyu k Hm toh Kch soch bhi ni skty totally submission hai Allah k smny no free will even from Allah to Allah …

• Ahsan

Moderator September 28, 2023 at 1:39 am

I couldn’t understand what you are implying.

• Shahzaib Afzal

Member September 28, 2023 at 2:26 pm

I mean when u say la hawla quwata Ila bilah u have given all of your ikhtyaar to Allah now He takes you over and your actions are justifiable because you have given all the ikhtyar to Allah it’s up to Him now that He can takes you where ever He intends to

Is it right approach ? Or we have been given a choice of irada and ikhtyaar?

• Umer

Moderator September 29, 2023 at 11:07 am

The phrase “La hawla wa la quwwata illa Billah” (لاحول ولا قوة إلا بالله) (there is no power and no strength except with Allah) is an expression of our belief in Allah that all the power and strength that we possess is nothing compared to Allah and could not have existed had Allah not given his “Izan” for them to exist in the first place. If today, God decides then all my power and strength will go away. The same applies to the Freewill (irada-o-ikhtayar), we have freewill because of the same “Izan” by Allah. This not a negation of freewill, strength or power that we possess, rather it is an expression of power of Allah, who is all-powerful and all-encompassing but he has given his permission for humans to excercise authority in some domains for His scheme of tests and trials in this world.

For more discussion on Izan of Allah & Intervention of Allah, Please refer to the video below from 1:04:27 to 1:05:49 and from 1:11:03 to 1:16:35

https://youtu.be/_ZguFw2CDAU?t=3867

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register