Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions My Friend Wants To Marry A Hindu Girl

• My Friend Wants To Marry A Hindu Girl

Posted by Tazeem Khan on September 27, 2023 at 12:24 am

Assalam u alaikum,

A friend of mine is in a situation where he wants to marry a Hindu girl. She’s open to a faith change, but it’s something that typically takes time. However, there’s societal pressure to marry soon. Here’s the challenge: the girl’s parents are elderly, and her father has heart issues. She’s their only child, and they have their hearts set on a traditional Hindu-style Bengali wedding.

My friend is feeling the pressure and is considering whether it’s acceptable to go along with the Hindu-style wedding ceremony and then subsequently have a nikaah. He’s quite anxious about this and is seeking advice on how to navigate this complex situation.

Tazeem Khan

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 7 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • My Friend Wants To Marry A Hindu Girl

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 27, 2023 at 8:38 am

If the girl is Mulsim but did not declare it, then it is ok. A Muslim is not supposed to marry a Mushrikah.

Cultural practices of other cultures are allowed until they entail Shirk which is not allowed, for example, hymns to gods and praying to them during the nikah ceremony are not allowed. They can go with the cultural practices of nikah but not with polytheistic things.

For a conscious Muslim, his faith comes first.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register