Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Games With Reincarnation Of Character

Tagged: ,

• Games With Reincarnation Of Character

Posted by Amin Ansar on September 29, 2023 at 3:56 pm

Hi, there are many games, like majority of them in which you play as a character who has a health bar which decreases as enemies attack and once it reaches zero, the character dies. The game either tells that “you died” on the final screen or “game over” and then you can start playing the game again. Isn’t this like character coming back to life? Although this doesn’t seem as intense and only a child might have any psychological impact because a person with sound brain would simply think of it as restarting the game but nevertheless Is this trying to violate the fact that only Allah can bring dead back to life?
    But as a more intense example could be that, in certain games it is very explicitly shown that the person died and it is in the main story that the person comes back to life for example the game “returnal” in which when the character dies, she comes back to life, right at the start of her storyline and has the memory of past events and thinks to herself she came back to life, so it is much more intense here and explicitly shown the reincarnation of her life (although she finds out her previous dead bodies as the game progresses showing that somehow the time was reset for her and a new body was given to her while her old bodies are still out there and the time for outside world is going on except for her the time resets).
    If I play this game and not let it affect me because I know it is just a game and the reincarnation is just a way to restart the game thus having no impact on my morality, is it wrong still?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register