Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Proof Of The Fact That Others Will Take Away My Good Deeds

• Proof Of The Fact That Others Will Take Away My Good Deeds

Posted by Amin Ansar on October 1, 2023 at 11:24 am

It is a wide spread belief that if I have wronged someone and then said sorry to him and compensated for any loss but he doesn’t forgive me, he will take away my good deeds on the final day and give me his bad deeds. However, if I have purified my nafs and have never wronged anyone deliberately ever since I became conscious of the sins and never returned to them and died. So, on the day of judgement, it doesn’t make sense to me that Allah will put someone with pure nafs in hell fire since that’s the basis of the whole deen and rules on which one would be put in jannah and also based on my understanding of the verses of the Quran. And neither those bad deeds will turn that person’s nafs impure because that’s not how it seems to work.
    So, I believe that Allah will help people of taqwa and also those who were wronged by them so that both have a win-win situation in ways only Allah swt knows but it is my firm belief that if a person changes for good, he is in good hands however that doesn’t mean one should not say sorry not saying sorry and not doing your best to compensate for any loss one caused his fellow human being is on its own an impurity of nafs and in that case the person might not be helped as I am describing.
    Please clarify this issue in the light of the Quran that where is it implied or explicitly given in a verse that accounts will be settled the way most people describe

Amin Ansar replied 6 months, 4 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Proof Of The Fact That Others Will Take Away My Good Deeds

• Umer

Moderator October 2, 2023 at 5:23 pm

Please refer to the following video where Ghamidi Sahab has expounded his point of view in this regard:

https://youtu.be/mpnSjLnE2WY?si=8q2EwpESLNTJuJMg

• Amin Ansar

Member October 2, 2023 at 6:15 pm

What about the cases a person disrespected someone else? What can we give that person back? I mean we can’t give them back respect that we took it is not a material thing. That person will simply say it doesn’t matter to him that I asked for forgiveness and what he lost is lost can’t be returned to him now even if he forgives me

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register