Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Downloading Copyrighted Material Via Torrent Files

Tagged: ,

• Downloading Copyrighted Material Via Torrent Files

Posted by Ibrahim Ali on October 3, 2023 at 7:13 am

Torrent files are actually free version of an application in which we don’t require to buy it if there is any premium content,

But when it comes to video it’s a way to download clips of a certain movie or anime bcz it’s illegal to take someone’s else work for your personal use it is actually not made illegal so the audience can’t take the clip or that file, it’s made illegal so other company or individual won’t claim for the thing to be their’s ,

So it was made illegal to do so

Anyway so millions of people are downloading the torrent files and almost whole world knows abt it including big companies,

So they don’t say anything until google itself take actions if we don’t use a safe method from preventing to let Google notice it,

So would it be consider stealing or haram,?

There r plenty of websites where people songwriters are giving works to AMV makers to make AMV edit on their song for promoting their song for gaining popularity, and it’s nowdays a online job ,

And I also am making amv but I didn’t uploaded them yet as I was thinking this,

The process is simple that people on a certain website do recruit editors to make AMV on their song to promote , and the song is absolutely their choice not ours

So if the song does not fall into halal category but is their demand to do so not our will so would it be halal making AMV on that song?

Similarly is it ok to download torrent files to makes AMVs or making it Ur side job?

Kindly clear this out for me ,,,

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 6 months, 3 weeks ago 4 Members · 19 Replies
  • 19 Replies
  • Downloading Copyrighted Material Via Torrent Files

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 6 months, 3 weeks ago 4 Members · 19 Replies
  • Ibrahim Ali

Member October 3, 2023 at 7:16 am

It is made illegal for security purpose,,,

individual’s hardwork’s security purpose

But bcz of amv creators their anime or content do get popularity among audience,,, that’s the reason they don’t prohibit it but bcz of Google’s terms and conditions it’s actually dangerous for creator as there’s work might get copyright, but is not harmful for the individual or company who actually made the product

• Umer

Moderator October 3, 2023 at 8:10 am

An act of stealing being not harmful or not financially detrimental for the affected party does not make the act of stealing justifiable. Stealing will and has always remained a universally accepted moral evil, so whether it be a physical property or an intellectual property of someone else, stealing will be stealing and there is no justification for that. If the owner of the video or music has explicitly claimed copyrights on his content and putforth restrictions on its commercial use without permission, then using such content for commenrcial use would be stealing. But if the owner has waived his copyright on the content or has allowed its distribution with some conditions, then there is nothing wrong in using such content (subject to those conditions, if any).

Please also watch the following video:

Discussion 31559 • Reply 31705

• Ibrahim Ali

Member October 3, 2023 at 10:09 am

If it is about anime ,

That ultimately doesn’t harm the owner in any way

Instead it is free publicity for them,

And about apps

They do not pay attention to such things while knowing that many of websites is giving others for free

Now few people do hack the app

While other’s pay for it and than put it on their website after buying it so others can use it for free,

But the person who hacked it is the one stealing not us , right

As they hack it, if we do use it then they get money from chrome as we visited their website,,

• Ibrahim Ali

Member October 3, 2023 at 12:47 pm

I saw the video of ghamdi SB on recent questions and answer session

What should I do if. I need an app but is premier and I don’t have enough money to buy it ?

I’m not taking their thing and publishing it by my name but I’m downloading it from the person who already took it

And I’d not know if the person did hacked it or buy it and then selling it on their website

What should i do?

• Ibrahim Ali

Member October 3, 2023 at 12:49 pm

Can I follow any instructions or tricks to avoid copyright if I am making any video based on content which is copyrighted?

Copyright licence does cost too much and not everyone can afford it ,

• Umer

Moderator October 5, 2023 at 2:17 am

I am only aware of two ways to use a copyright-protected content:

1) Getting permission from the owner

2) Fair use of copyright-protected. For details, please see:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6396261?hl=en#zippy=%2Chow-does-fair-use-work

Other than that, there is no justification to use such content. If something does not harm the owner or causes free publicity for him, that is for the owner to decide and if he agrees and gives permission, then sure we can use his content.

__

As for the apps., while the person who hacked the app and made premium version available for other people has definitely committed a more grave sin as compared to the person downloading that app from the hacker’s site. But both acts are sinful. The person downloading the app and using premium features is not only depriving company of the additional revenue but at some instances is also causing additional burden on the company’s servers for services which he has not paid.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member October 5, 2023 at 3:04 am

The woman on the video is saying about fair use to use the copyrighted material,

So if I do the same other people do on youtube to avoid copyright while working , would it be ok?

If it comes in any rule under copyright YouTube automatically removes it ,

• Ibrahim Ali

Member October 5, 2023 at 3:23 am

Here I’m basically talking about anime and animation movies and episodes,

So few website such as

Animension, and other have license to do the distribution of anime from the owner, ,

So they have legal power , so would downloading from their websites and than using while giving them credit , would it be ok ?

• Amin Ansar

Member October 5, 2023 at 4:17 am

Brother, don’t do it. Trust me, you’ll regret it later on. I used to download a lot from torrents and now I regret it because first of all it is a grave sin and secondly I will have to pay a lot of money back to those people to compensate. I would have never paid for a lot of that content otherwise if it was not available on torrents so my greed caused me an even greater debt.
      Also, in case you are downloading movies or anime which a lot of times contain haram, it is even worse because later on, when you have to pay, you will be paying to people who are creating movies and thus supporting them in haram which is not allowed either. So, don’t do any of this. There are plenty of free alternatives available for both entertainment, educational, and business purposes and those are only shaitan’s tricks to make you feel like getting the premium stuff is gonna make a big difference, it doesn’t most of the time, trust me.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member October 5, 2023 at 4:34 am

May Allah help u

• Amin Ansar

Member October 5, 2023 at 4:18 am

and don’t trust your instincts of “I’ll definitely pay them later” as none knows about the future

• Umer

Moderator October 5, 2023 at 8:21 am

There could be two scenarios in this case:

i) If the owner’s permission extends beyond specific platforms then sure there is no problem in using that content for AMV.

ii) If there is no explicit copyright claim made by the owner and the norms of the industry allow using such anime content without copyright strike, then this can also not be called prohibited.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member October 5, 2023 at 9:43 am

This is the description of the person making AMV and he didn’t get copyright strike bcz he did wrote this description and did downloaded scenes from legal website, and he is earning from it and not legal action has been taken towards him through owner or any company , I can do this too ,am I right ,

• Ibrahim Ali

Member October 5, 2023 at 9:48 am

This also falls under fair use law which basically is that the person using the small part of content or work of the owner for his purposes without his permission ,.but bcz the person using the work or copying the work actually transforms into his own work by editing adding , and other things , so it basically changes its original form,

• Ibrahim Ali

Member October 5, 2023 at 9:54 am

And about torrent it basically falls under one condition, and it is that it simply is a crack file means the copy of the original one, once a file is cracked, it has no connection to the original file which was of owner , it is a rip off copy version of the original, that’s the reason it can’t be used online because if you use the app online it will connect with the real server and will cause the owner to fill for our extra unpaid use , but bcz crack file is not related to actual server so we are not burdening the owner not causing him any harm,,, so it doesn’t come under stealing or causing the harm , same with the movies they aren’t online so it is not burdening them ,,if we would be using it with WiFi they won’t be paying for us but simply delete us from their server or ask for money to use the same app on their server ,kindly answer it

• Ibrahim Ali

Member October 5, 2023 at 10:03 am

Fair use law 👇

• Ibrahim Ali

Member October 5, 2023 at 4:33 am

Jazakallah for your advice brother, I was not planning to download torrent I stopped downloading it allhumdulilllah I was planning to download anime episode or clips from legal website in order to creat a Amv which is not monetized but a fan animation,,,

• Ibrahim Ali

Member October 5, 2023 at 4:43 am

These are the screenshot of legal website which provides anime and it’s episode for free , which makes the downloading legal also , besides it’s the review of most of the amv makers on YouTube that Amv aren’t taken down as they help in free publicity but if you use a copyright song than it is taken down , so simply we can use the song which is not copyrighted , besides about seven seconds of a scene doesn’t hold you accountable for copyright as it falls under legality, as we don’t use the actual sounds of the anime but we used footage with our own editing and and creativity , but still you cant monetize it so it’s unreasonable to upload on yt for money it can be legal until you don’t earn from it no matter how much you hard worked for editing ,

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 8, 2023 at 2:58 am

If there are rules to describe what is legal and ethical and what is not, you follow them, it is ok then to use a content within the limits delineated. Now it is your call to make decision.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register