Tagged: ,

• Zakat On Salary As Well As Business Income

Posted by Sufian Khan on October 3, 2023 at 10:15 pm

Assalamualaikum

Sir I’m very confused in matter of zakat

Can u pls tell me..

I’m a practicing Chartered Accountants.

I earn fixed salary of 25k..

Apart from it I also do my professional business from where I also earn..

So on Fixed salary I’ve to pay 10%…what about my other business income..do they also fall in production nd 10% is applicable or they will fall under business nd after 1 year I’ll have to pay 2.5% ??

Faisal Haroon replied 7 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Zakat On Salary As Well As Business Income

Faisal Haroon updated 7 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 3, 2023 at 11:20 pm

You will pay 10% of your salary and 5% on your income from business. Additionally, if you have any assets, you will pay 2.5% on the value of your assets. You might find the following summary helpful:

Discussion 46051 • Reply 46057

You may also enter appropriate numbers in our Zakat Calculator after reading the description for each box. When you reach the end, it will generate a statement showing you exactly what you owe after any applicable deductions, and what percentage was applied to each category. It’s also a great way to learn the sharia of zakat.

View Zakat Calculator

• Sufian Khan

Member October 3, 2023 at 11:38 pm

Sir 5% on profit or on total receipt ??

And if I am having loan obligation still zakat is applicable??

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 4, 2023 at 12:02 am

5% and 10% are calculated on gross receipts. If you use the Zakat Calculator referenced above it will be very beneficial for you.

If you pay off your loan (or an installment) before your Zakat is due then it will automatically reflect in your assets. If you plan to pay the amount shortly afterwards, you may make an ijtihad with all sincerity to deduct that amount from your Zakat.

• Sufian Khan

Member October 4, 2023 at 12:22 am

Sir pls clear just one more doubt..

In calculator under production section there is a point for nisab below which zakat is not applicable.

So here in India upto 2.5Lacs tax is not applicable..but 2.5L is profit not receipts.For eg if total receipt is 10-12 lacs or anything but after deducting expenses profit is just upto 2.5L so tax is not applicable

So here in calculator what should I take as nisaab..total receipt or profit ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 4, 2023 at 12:48 am

If your profits from business plus your salary is less than 2.5 lacs then you can toggle the button labeled “My total production / earnings is less than the nisab”. Otherwise you can just continue entering the numbers as per the description of each box.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register