Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Claiming Intellectual Rights When Everything Comes From God

Tagged: 

• Claiming Intellectual Rights When Everything Comes From God

Posted by Amin Ansar on October 3, 2023 at 11:01 pm

Aoa, we know that everything that we know of comes from Allah swt. And if one asks Allah to give him a solution to a problem that he could sell or a raw idea comes to mind and calls it his own idea to get recognition which is important in today’s day and age from business perspective, is it impermissible to do so? I mean the person know that’s not his idea and the intention is purely for recognition that the idea came through him from Allah swt, however the words to describe that to others could only author / originator / creator / founder.

For example, I get an idea that could change the design industry. Now, I implement that idea and it becomes popular. I want to hold credits for it so that I can benefit from the idea’s popularity and call myself the originator of the idea to gain recognition and attract customers

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Claiming Intellectual Rights When Everything Comes From God

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 3, 2023 at 11:34 pm

God has created the world with all of its possibilities. In this sense, He is the original originator of everything. but not every idea comes directly from him. If you get a bad idea or a bad action, it is yours. God has created the world in this way that man generates their own ideas. On the other hand, God, too, directs some ideas to people, but mostly it is hard to tell which idea came directly to us from God.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register