Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran Initially Revealed In Different Ayahs And Later Compiled Into A Book

• Quran Initially Revealed In Different Ayahs And Later Compiled Into A Book

Posted by Shahabuddin Mohammed Abdul on October 6, 2023 at 11:08 am

After going through the Quran I never felt that its compiled by joining the ayath revealed at different times. Instead it’s appearing to be a complete book of a subject (it’s dealing )divided in to different chapters . Can anyone explain how different ayaths revealed at different times merge in to chapters in coherence in return they compiled in to a glorious Quran.

Shahabuddin Mohammed Abdul replied 6 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Quran Initially Revealed In Different Ayahs And Later Compiled Into A Book

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 8, 2023 at 3:44 am

Different parts of a surah revealed on different times were made part of the same surah and this is well indicated in the text. For example, see Surah Muzammil. Its first and the last parts were revealed at different times. The first part asks the prophet to observe Tahajjud prayer and the last part tells following the example of the prophet, the Muslims had started praying the night prayer too but it had become difficult to observe it.

Also, see the verses 8: 65 and 66. 66 is revealed after a while, to ease the Muslims when God saw weakness in them. The last verse of Surah Nisa was revealed later when Muslims could not understand a problem in the law of inheritance and it was revealed to clear the confusion.

A Surah is a whole in the Quran but their verses were revealed at different times and then joined together to make it a whole.

• Shahabuddin Mohammed Abdul

Member October 9, 2023 at 7:36 pm

Thank you so much Dr Irfan Shahzad bhai for your timely response and for your convincing explanation. Can you please furnish me a link where our Ustaad Javed Ahmed Ghamidi saheb dealt this topic in detail so that I will not left with any iota of doubt and thoroughly get convince . Jazzakallahu khair. Ameen

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 10, 2023 at 1:23 am

I do not know any particular video on this topic. However, it has been indicated in his commentary Al Bayan in many places.

All the verses of Tabyeen (explanation کذلک یبین اللہ ) were revealed later. This is a principle he describes in many places.

• Shahabuddin Mohammed Abdul

Member October 10, 2023 at 5:52 am

Thank you so much dear brother

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register