Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Father Distributing Inheritance During His Lifetime

Tagged: 

• Father Distributing Inheritance During His Lifetime

Posted by Rajab Khan on October 9, 2023 at 2:06 am

Assalam O Alakum

My question is regarding inheritance

We are two brother and five sister 4 are married and one is living with us due to some health issues

In 2003 onward we were having some issues with in siblings, in 2006 I suggested my father that we have some issues and we will not be able to distribute land after you and we have to face court it is better you should nominate in your life that which part of land will go to whome, my father replied that he is also thinking on this matter (My father was not educated) after this suggestion I did not make any further interference nor my brother. As I do not live at nattaive home

Later our father call a person and visited patwari (no one from family member was present there) he distributed most of land between we two brother and some to our mother in 2006. Our father died in 2008. During this period I ask my father that if you want to redistribute land I have no objection but he didnt

I ma not satisfied with this distribution learned persons have different opinion.

My question is how I can settele this issue that my father should not be answerable before Allah

Please guide I trust on your opinion

Best Regard

Umer replied 6 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Father Distributing Inheritance During His Lifetime

Umer updated 6 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator October 9, 2023 at 9:24 am

If you are seeking an official fatwa on inheritance distribution then please send complete information at the following link and the team will get back to you:

https://www.ghamidi.org/fatwa/

__

For a general understanding of the law, please refer to the following response:

Discussion 87150 • Reply 87204

• Rajab Khan

Member October 16, 2023 at 3:22 am

I am not seeking for any fatwa to show some one I just need solution of my issue only for me

• Umer

Moderator October 19, 2023 at 8:04 am

If there are still some follow-up questions after reading the above response (and the link) shared, please do post them here. The issue which you are facing has been principally addressed in the above link i.e. the allocation of property made by a person during his life time is his right and the law of inheritance does not apply to that. However, if at a later stage, the recipients think that such a distribution was unjust, then they can all agree to let go of a part of their property in favour of other heirs who were deprived of their share, which would be theirs had the matter been left to the law of inheritance after the death of the legator.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register