Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Prophet Zoroaster And Similarity With Islam

Tagged: ,

• Prophet Zoroaster And Similarity With Islam

Posted by Shah Alam on October 12, 2023 at 2:49 pm

I know prophet Zoroaster is not mentioned in somewhere in quran or others. But zend avesta which is sacred text of zoroster have a concept very related to islam like one god, hell heaven concept, pul sirat, purgatory barzakh, sraosha angel (gibril angel) , prophecy of coming messenger (prophet muhammad saw), and some verses very related to quran like, wheat seed sown in soil then god gives life to it into growing plant, sun moon revolving particular path, moon asecnding descending etc. After reading zoroaster story it looks he may be prophet by Allah but javed sb told prophetship entitled to only ibrahim family. ???

I have attached google translation of some script.

Shah Alam replied 6 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Prophet Zoroaster And Similarity With Islam

Shah Alam updated 6 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 12, 2023 at 3:22 pm

Prophet Abraham SWS is believed to have lived around 2000 BCE, approximately 800-1000 years after Zoroaster. However, these are prehistoric times so the timelines vary across different religious traditions and scholarly interpretations.

Please note that only one question is allowed per thread so I removed the other question. Please don’t hesitate to create a separate thread for your other question.

• Shah Alam

Member October 12, 2023 at 4:33 pm

Sir, zoroaster born 500 bc some say 1500 bc. And 500 bc date is look much accurate. Whatever both date of birth come after prophet ibrahim. Pls verify

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 12, 2023 at 5:35 pm

I apologize, I had my calculations wrong. You are right, Zoroaster was born after Abraham.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 12, 2023 at 5:38 pm

Please see the following response of Ghamidi Sahab:

Discussion 40677 • Reply 42560

• Shah Alam

Member October 13, 2023 at 9:31 am

THank you sir

But my question in answered. Javed ghamdi sb told in video that, prophetship is entitled only to family of haz ibrahim after haz ibrahim era.

They how could it possible prophetship go with zoroster who is out of haz ibrahim family.

• Shah Alam

Member October 13, 2023 at 10:41 am

MMein fir se sawal bata deta hu

Dr ghamdi sb ne video kaha tha ki, haz ibrahim aur unki family ko Allah tala ne nabuvat khaas kar di. Matlab ab jo bhi paigember aayga woh hazrst ibrahim ki family se aayga. Basyahi sawal he ki zoroster to haz ibrahim ke baad aye aur woh unki family se bhi nahi.

• Umer

Moderator October 16, 2023 at 8:11 am

There are two points that are note worthy in this regard:

1). The restriction of prophethood to only Abraham/Ibrahim (AS) and His progeny doesn’t mean that no prophet came in other nations right after Ibrahim (AS) was selected for this rank of Imamat. Rather, prophets did come parallel to the prophets sent in the progeny of Ibrahim (sws) for a reasonable amount of time until the nation of Bani-Israel was prepared to fully dispose off their responsibility of Shahdah-Alan-Nas. And after that, there was a gradual decline in the first phase while transitioning into the second phase of the divine scheme of Prophethood.

For comments of Ghamdi Sahab, Please refer to the video below from 1:25:16 to 1:26:25

__

2). The date of Zoroaster is not known with certainty. There are two distinct viewpoints in this regard with recent views more inclined towards Zoroaster being lived somewhere around the second millennium BC. This could very well fall within the transition period as described in Point 1 above. Please find attached the Book written by Mary Boyce titled “A History Of Zoroastrianism” 1975 Edition. In Chapter Seven, the author has presented her arguments placing the date of Zoroaster somewhere around 1100 BC to 1400 BC or even before that.

Since Prophet Muhammad (SWS) treated Magians of Persia like people of the book and there is a hint to this fact available in Quran as well (i.e. Quran 22:17), so Ghamidi Sahaba is also of view that they must have been follower of a Prophet whose teachings were distorted and corrupted by the people with time. (Please see for details: Discussion 50339).

_____

• Shamir

Member October 16, 2023 at 12:50 pm

I too always remained curious to know about Prophet Zoroaster. Zoroastrian religion also share the same purpose of human creation which is “purification”.

• Shah Alam

Member October 17, 2023 at 9:37 am

THanks for clearing my doubts. I thing first point luk much strong.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register