Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Pakistan's Family Law 1961- Verbal Divorce

Tagged: 

• Pakistan's Family Law 1961- Verbal Divorce

Posted by mujtaba khokhar on October 17, 2023 at 5:28 am

According to section 7 family law 1961 pakistan, a divorce unregistered to union council and spoken just orally/verbally stands ineffective, so does a verbal divorce happen without union council?

Asking as it is law of land and it is to be followed unless it is telling to commit sin, hence if there is a way you could elaborate/ clear with islamic hadis references or quranic references, this topic, i would be thankful, jazakallah khair.

mujtaba khokhar replied 6 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Pakistan's Family Law 1961- Verbal Divorce

mujtaba khokhar updated 6 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 19, 2023 at 1:56 am

This is the requirement of law to save people from making false claims. The Quran itself asks people to make witness before one divorces his wife. However, if a wife insists that she is divorced, she is allowed to put up her case in court and if she convinces the court she can get her nikah canceled by the court. Law works this way.

• mujtaba khokhar

Member October 19, 2023 at 2:09 am

Indeed sir, however because our constitution declares oral divorce nill and ineffective, will the divorce i gave without registering it be ineffective or will it be effective according to shariah and islam, meaning is this law against islam? And does my divorce take place and if it does then can you please explain islamically how? Jazakallah khair

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 20, 2023 at 4:50 am

It is not against Islam. It is the problem of proving it legally. If both men and women agree that they are divorced, the law will not hinder it. if the man denies it and the woman insists and the court is satisfied that the woman is true, still they can nullify the nikah.

• mujtaba khokhar

Member October 27, 2023 at 9:52 am

Sir i tried to find a hadis on what the method of divorce was in the prophet pbuh’s time, but i cant find how they pronounced it, was it also by saying ‘ i divorce you’ is this how it was pronounced back then aswell?

• Umer

Moderator October 20, 2023 at 7:11 pm

Please also refer to the video below from 17:01 to 19:14

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register