A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Music And The Cainites

Tagged: 

• Music And The Cainites

Faisal Haroon updated 7 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 17, 2023 at 12:54 pm

There is no credible source for such stories.

• Hassan Izhar

Member October 17, 2023 at 10:53 pm

All harams are clearly expounded in Quran with complete details, nothing can be added to them anymore. There is nothing wrong with music in itself, unless it’s content or intention is against the spirit of Islam (God’s divinity, prophet’s honour, decency and morals etc).

Please note that ascribing falsehood to God(declaring something haram without any merit) is also haram (7:33). Also see 6:150.

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member October 18, 2023 at 4:58 am

@faisalharoon and @Zunnun , I know that the main sources to know the principles of Islam are; the Holy Qur’an and the Sunnah of Holy Prophet (sav). But, can you please provide some hadith (which declares other kinds of music as permissible, i.e other than duff) to strengthen the opinion.

Secondly, This story is very popular among the scholars, How it could be that there is no credible source for that?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 18, 2023 at 8:23 am

I believe that the question about the source should be directed to those who tell you the story.

While it is not appropriate to ask for a Hadith for every individual item that has been made halal, Ghamidi sahab has spent a lot of time and effort in explaining why music is not inherently haram. He commented on a lot of Hadith narrations related to this topic. I advise you to go over these videos and try to understand the principles as well as have a better understanding of all the narrations regarding this topic.

Discussion 55241

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register