Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is It Fine To Offer Salah To Make Your Parents Happy?

• Is It Fine To Offer Salah To Make Your Parents Happy?

Posted by Abdullah Zeeshan on October 22, 2023 at 11:49 am

This is rather a “personal situation” type of a question and not strictly an intellectual one.

My father doesn’t talk to me and pushes me away not allowing me to serve him in almost all situations (medical, personal, etc) just because I am not consistent with my daily prayers.

I don’t know what to do!

I am just a little undisciplined when it comes to offering the daily prayers. I study and work parallelly and my schedule is always chaotic. A personal thing that I am struggling with and striving to improve.

But this is coming in the way between me and my father.

He doesn’t understand my struggle and lets it come in the way between our relationship.

Are parents allowed to do this?

What can I do?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 6 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Is It Fine To Offer Salah To Make Your Parents Happy?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 6 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member October 22, 2023 at 1:57 pm

Namaz is first most prioritized obligation in all obligations from the Allah Almighty. You should gradually start the habit of fulfilling this obligation, devoutly for Almighty only. Believe me, It would convert in your comfort act, after which you will feel peace and happiness in your heart.

According to Ustad-e-Mohtaram (ha), “Even if we are only praying the obligated prayers (i.e, 2 rakats of Fajr, 4 rakats of Dhuhr, 4 rakats of Asr, 3 rakats of Mahrib, and 4 rakats of Isha) for our whole lives. Then, we will not be questionable on the day of judgement.”

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member October 22, 2023 at 2:20 pm

These are the comforts and ease, provided by Almighty for his believers in Namaz. According to Ustad-e-Mohtaram (ha), we can also combine the Dhuhr with Asr, and Maghrib with Isha (But, only If there is any reason as per Suratul Nisa ayet 103). While, other scholars such as, Engr. Muhammad Ali Mirza (ha) have stated that we can also combine our prayers without any reason, based on these narrations by Hadhrat Abdullah ibn al-Abbas (rta) [Sahih al-Bukhari 543, 562] [Sahih Muslim 1628 to 1637]. At first, I used to believe in the opinion of Ustad-e-Mohtaram (ha). But, now I am preferring the view of Engr. Muhammad Ali Mirza (ha). Because of it’s reasonable proves and the ayah number 78 of Suratul Bani Israel (and it is evident from this verse, that there are three main times of Namaz, but offering in 5 different times is desirable). The Shia Muslims also pray 3 times a day. Also the Jews, who are Ahl al-Kitab also prays 3 times a day, which indicates that this ease was also provided for them. But, our Sunni Muslims don’t do so. Because, our four traditionalist imams (may Allah have mercy on them) held the view of strictly praying in 5 different times. You can disagree with me, if you don’t find it reasonable. As we all should be in search of truth, regardless of strictly following the opinions of our scholars (May Allah bless them).

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member October 22, 2023 at 2:43 pm

Regarding your father, you should tell him obediently that, You are gradually struggling to become diligent in prayers, and that one day, you would never miss any prayer, InshaAllah. And he would surely understand you.

PS: I am also a member here, who just tried you help in you this matter. It would be best if a admin or moderator of AskGhamidi replies, Thanks.”

• Abdullah Zeeshan

Member October 25, 2023 at 9:05 pm

Thanks brother @samiuddin your responses have given me a lot of food for thought and were helpful.

On top of it, I forgot to add a very important question. I am shocked that I didn’t put it there. I was in a different state of mind perhaps.

Is performing the religious acts which are meant to be only for Allah like Namaz, Fast, etc to make others happy (in my case, make my father happy) considered SHIRK?

I read ( perhaps in the books of Tasawwuf) that lack of Ikhlas in religious activities – doing acts for others when they are meant to be intended for Allah is also a Shirk.

• Abdullah Zeeshan

Member October 25, 2023 at 9:12 pm

Mufti Saeed Khan (from Al Nadwa) in one of his videos mentioned that praying with the intention of making others happy (or not feel bad) is not against Ikhlas.

In non religious activities we do this often just so that our closed ones don’t feel bad.

• Ahsan

Moderator October 26, 2023 at 4:25 am

@Irfan76 sb please comment on it

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 26, 2023 at 4:33 am

First, if you realize the importance of prayer, you can never miss it and when there are all kinds of ease given, one has no excuse for missing it.

This pleasing of your father by saying prayer is not in rivalry to God, but conducive to His worship. This is not shirk.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register