Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Hair Fall During The State Of Ihram

Tagged: ,

• Hair Fall During The State Of Ihram

Posted by Usama Ahmed on October 24, 2023 at 4:53 am

Aoa, I would like to know the islamic ruling regarding the hair fall in the state of ihram. I know intentionally shaving or cutting the hair is not allowed.

1. My query is, if the hair fall during Wudu / Shower / Ghusal / Combing etc, are we obligated to pay the penalty. What is the penalty in this case, a full qurbani or sadqa.

2. Also please mention specifically if taking a shower and combing the hair are allowed in the state of IHram? I will be cautious but there is still a chance of hair fall.

Many thanks.

Umer replied 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Hair Fall During The State Of Ihram

Umer updated 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator October 27, 2023 at 7:41 pm

Ihram is defined as:

The ihram is a religious term. It signifies that pilgrims will not indulge in lewd talk; they will not use any adornments, for example perfume; they will not pare their nails nor shave or cut any body hair; they will not even remove any dirt or filth from them so much so they will not even kill any lice of their body; they will not hunt preys nor wear stitched cloth; they will expose their heads, faces and the upper part of their feet; they will wear one sheet as loin cloth and enfold another around themselves.

Women, however, can even wear stitched clothes and cover their heads and feet. They are only required to expose their hands and faces.

The above mentioned intentional acts should be avoided. This does not apply to Natural falling hair. Taking a shower or combing hair are fine as long as one is mindful of the above mentioned restrictions of ihram.

__

Following response may also be helpful in this regard:

Compensation For Falling Hair In Hajj

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register