Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Sisters Hanging Out With Husband Of The Sister

Tagged: , ,

• Sisters Hanging Out With Husband Of The Sister

Posted by Taimur Mughal on October 28, 2023 at 11:00 am

My question is ;

Is it allowed for my small 2 sisters age 18 , 15 hanging out with their biggest sister 22 and her husband in public and going to their home or other places without any other mehram men except the biggest sister ofcourse.

I am asking this because i feel like this is not decency and I should stop my biggest sister ( who is now married) to sometimes take my other 2 sisters ( they are not married and are still young ) with her husband to places.

What isthe islamic advice on this?

Thank you.

Umer replied 5 months, 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Sisters Hanging Out With Husband Of The Sister

Umer updated 5 months, 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 30, 2023 at 1:36 am

Shariah ruling is only about forbidding staying in seclusion with na-mahram. Apart from this, what is appropriate or not depends upon the situation and experience. In such cases, instead of looking at what shariah law says, one should use one discretion to decide what is appropriate.

• Taimur Mughal

Member October 30, 2023 at 5:47 am

Isn’t that in seclusion when they are both with a non Mehram[ their brother in law] but only their biggest sister with them outside or other settings? Can you explain a little more because it is still confusing whether I should stop them or not. Because this causes then hatred among each other. Somehow it doesn’t feel right that they are socializing with brother in law and becoming too free in talk and hanging out. Isn’t that against modesty? What does islam advice on this situation? I mean what is the best wise decision? To let it happen or stop them?

Thank you.

• Umer

Moderator November 1, 2023 at 11:12 pm

As long as the biggest sister is present in the company, it cannot be called seclusion. Even the presence of only two sisters other than the eldest sister cannot be called total seclusion. However, eldest sister should make sure that she always stays present as a preventive measure. Her presence can ensure that no one crosses any boundary in this regard. Other than that, the unmarried sisters should abide by the norms of gender interaction mentioned in Quran (Please see: Discussion 30301).

This all helps if the people involved take their religion seriously at a conscious level.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register