Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam What Are Some Practical Tips For Acquiring Taqwa?

Tagged: ,

• What Are Some Practical Tips For Acquiring Taqwa?

Posted by Abdullah Zeeshan on October 29, 2023 at 9:44 pm

I have realised by trial and error that acquiring Taqwa is all about hard coded disciplinary habits. From a macroscopic level you plan and decide your days and life in accordance with the teachings and on a macroscopic level you go on rough building habits.

Relying on “the state of Iman” or some feelings like fear and love of Allah will lead to inconsistency which Sufism inclines towards.

Am I right on this?

What if I don’t FEEL the sweetness of Ibadah?! Should I just keep doing them?

Thanks!

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 6 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • What Are Some Practical Tips For Acquiring Taqwa?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 6 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 30, 2023 at 12:27 am

Taqwa is to be God-conscious. To refrain from doing bad and fulfill your obligation is Taqwa.

Feelings in worship are not a demand, we have to obey the commands. Feelings come and go on their own.

• Abdullah Zeeshan

Member October 30, 2023 at 1:37 am

Is it practically possible to be in the state of God-consciousness 24×7 or plan your daily activities with that theme and build habits?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 30, 2023 at 2:35 am

To be God-conscious is always at the back of the mind and comes afore when a situation comes up. Building habits to ease our act is a part of our training or exercising Taqwa.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register