Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Level Of Seriousness Of Suicide In Islam

Tagged: 

• Level Of Seriousness Of Suicide In Islam

Posted by Muhammad Sami ud-Din on November 1, 2023 at 3:39 pm

Asselamu aleykum,

Recently, Asim Jameel (ra), the son of Maulana Tariq Jameel (ha) has been died. I have heard that he was very pious and helped poor people. But, there are rumors about him, that he have committed suicide, due to extreme depression. So, can we hope that Allah Almighty will forgave someone who committed suicide, due to extreme depression? (Because, Allah understands one’s internal condition)

In other words, Is it as unforgivable as Shirk?

Muhammad Sami ud-Din replied 6 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Level Of Seriousness Of Suicide In Islam

Muhammad Sami ud-Din updated 6 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator November 5, 2023 at 9:43 pm

As a principle certain things are Haram in religion e.g. polytheism, murder, suicide and adultery etc. and have every potential to be punished on the day of judgement and sometimes may even lead to eternal punishment. However, every such punsinment is subject to due consideration to the culprits’ circumstances. It is quite possible that some circumstances may lead to a lesser punishment or even exoneration.

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, Please refer to the video below from 2:20 to 6:44

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member November 6, 2023 at 12:49 am

@UmerQureshi (Umer Sahab) So, If a person does not have any ‘Usar’ for committing suicide? (such as, depression, or any other problem. Apart from the case of Mr. Asim Jameel, ra)

Will he be punished in hell, forever?

• Umer

Moderator November 6, 2023 at 12:57 am

It is a grave sin if done without an excuse and may result in an eternal Hell. However, the final decision rests with the God.

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member November 6, 2023 at 2:13 am

Okay. But, I want to acknowledge my mistake for readers would misunderstood my comment. There would be no Usar for committing suicide, as it is a grave sin.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register