Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Why No Respite Given To Satan?

Tagged: , ,

• Why No Respite Given To Satan?

Posted by Sadiqa Ali on November 3, 2023 at 10:48 am

If every creation of Allah is given respite then why Satan was given no respite after he denied to bend Infront of Adam why he wasn’t given time to that he can change his decision rather he was kicked out of heaven immediately

Umer replied 5 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Why No Respite Given To Satan?

Umer updated 5 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator November 6, 2023 at 10:18 pm

Contrary to the claim made in the Question, Satan (named Iblees) was given respite till the day of judgement. Iblees (Satan) committed istakbar (arrogance) in front of Allah, but because of Allah’s overall scheme of test and trial for both human beings and jinns in this world, he was given respite till the day of Judgement. It was respite given as a necessary result of the overall scheme of test and trial. See Quran 7:14-15, 15:36-38 and 17:62-63.

وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَاكُمْ ثُـمَّ صَوَّرْنَاكُمْ ثُـمَّ قُلْنَا لِلْمَلآئِكَةِ اسْجُدُوْا لِآدَمَ فَسَجَدُوْا إِلَّآ إِبْلِيسَ لَـمْ يَكُنْ مِّنَ السَّاجِدِيْنَ. قَالَ مَا مَنَعَكَ أَلَّا تَسْجُدَ إِذْ أَمَرْتُكَ قَالَ أَنَاْ خَيْرٌ مِّنْهُ خَلَقْتَنِـى مِنْ نَّارٍ وَّخَلَقْتَهُ مِنْ طِيْنٍ. قَالَ فَاهْبِطْ مِنْهَا فَمَا يَكُونُ لَكَ أَن تَتَكَبَّرَ فِيْهَا فَاخْرُجْ إِنَّكَ مِنَ الصَّاغِرِينَ. قَالَ فَأَنظِرْنِي إِلَى يَوْمِ يُبْعَثُوْنَ. قَالَ إِنَّكَ مِنَ الْـمُنْظَرِيْنَ. قَالَ فَبِمَا أَغْوَيْتَنِي لَأَقْعُدَنَّ لَـهُمْ صِرَاطَكَ الْمُسْتَقِيْمَ. ثُـمَّ لَآتِيَنَّهُم مِّنْ بَيْنِ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمِنْ خَلْفِهِمْ وَعَنْ أَيْـمَانِـهِمْ وَعَنْ شَـمَآئِلِهِمْ وَلَا تَجِدُ أَكْثَرَهُمْ شَاكِرِيْنَ. قَالَ اخْرُجْ مِنْهَا مَذْؤُوْمًا مَّدْحُورًا لَمَنْ تَبِعَكَ مِنْهُمْ لَأَمْلأنَّ جَهَنَّمَ مِنكُمْ أَجْـمَعِيْنَ.

[Your tale is that] We created you and gave you form. Then We said to the angels: “Prostrate yourselves before Adam.” So, except Satan all prostrated. He was not among those who prostrated. God said: “What stopped you from prostrating when I had ordered you?” He replied: “I am better than him. You created me from fire and created him from clay.” He said: “Get you down from here. You do not have the right to show arrogance here. So, away with you! Indeed, you are mean.” He replied: “Give me respite till the Day people are raised up.” God said: “You have this respite.” He replied: “So you have led me astray;” so, I will surely lie in ambush at Your straight path to waylay the progeny of Adam. Them I will pounce upon them from their front and behind, from their right and left – from all sides. And You will find most of them to be ungrateful to You.” God said: “Go away from here, disgraced and accursed. [Remember:] those of them who follow you, I will fill Hell with you all.” (Quran 7:11-18)

__

Now the question may arise that if Ibless has been given respite then whether there is a chance that he can be forgven or not, if he asks forgiveness? There is no indication in Quran that he had any remorse or repentance for what he did and instead he justified his act and challenged God, therefore there seems no chance that such a thing might be initiated from Iblees. But whether it does or does not, we have been told that Allah will do justice in all scenarios.

Please also refer to the video below from 00:51 to 02:58

https://youtu.be/weuhUMjUXjc?t=51

• Umer

Moderator November 6, 2023 at 10:18 pm

Please also refer to the video below from 35:51 to 36:36

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register