Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Boycotting Food Products Of Israeli Origin

Tagged: ,

• Boycotting Food Products Of Israeli Origin

Posted by Hasan on November 4, 2023 at 1:50 pm

Assalam Alaikum,

What does Quran/Islam say about this? i.e. boycotting (especially) food products of Jewish/israeli origin etc. I was concerned if it would fall under the strict warning in Quran where Allah asked us to NOT make unlawful all good things (referring to food) that Allah has made lawful.

Please suggest if we “should” or “must” or “not at all” boycott especially in these times, and why/why not.

Thank you, jazakAllah khair,

Hasan

Umer replied 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Boycotting Food Products Of Israeli Origin

Umer updated 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator November 7, 2023 at 1:37 am

It is primarily not a religious issue but a strategic one whether to boycott certain Isareli products or not. And if done so, then it is not same as making things (dietary) unlawful declared lawful by Allah. This religious notion (i.e. Quran 5:87) is against making things unlawful as a religious biddah or because of some polytheistic superstition. Personal liking/disliking or choosing not to eat something because of any non-religious reason does not fall within ambit of this directive.

(For further details, please read footnote [455] of Ghamidi Sahab under Quran 5:87 at the following link: https://www.javedahmedghamidi.org/#!/quran?chapter=5¶graph=39&type=Ghamidi)

As for the economic boycott, following is an old video on the topic of Palestine Israel conflict where similar question of economic boycott was asked from Ghamidi Sahab.

Please refer to the video below from 13:20 to 17:15 and from 19:24 to 20:28

• Umer

Moderator November 7, 2023 at 1:38 am

Following is a video where similar question related to economic boycott was asked from Ghamidi Shaab in response to blasphemous caricatures done in France.

Please refer to the video below from 10:04 to 13:13 and from 17:26 to 20:34

The discussion "Boycotting Food Products Of Israeli Origin" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now