Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 108:2 – Meanings Of Salah And Sacrifice In The Verse

Tagged: ,

• Quran 108:2 – Meanings Of Salah And Sacrifice In The Verse

Posted by Omer Attiq Ahmed on November 4, 2023 at 11:46 pm

AoA,

Islahi School of thought suggests that (if I am not mistaken) is that the “rabt” of Surah points towards liberation of Khana e Kaba.

My question is, in the second verse, How come translation mentions words like “Namaz” or “Qurbani”. The second worse states “فصل لربک ونحر”

Namaz is usually referred to as Salah in quran.

Whats the literal meaning of this verse ? (Just for my understanding). I am aware that literal meaning doesn’t matter, it all depends on how a word is used in the sentence.

Does this verse have words that translates into either Qurbani or Namaz ?

Thanks

Umer replied 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Quran 108:2 – Meanings Of Salah And Sacrifice In The Verse

Umer updated 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator November 7, 2023 at 11:18 pm

Literal meaning would be:

فَصَلِّ

So pray

لِرَبِّكَ

to your Lord

وَ انْحَرْؕ

and sacrifice

__

There is usually no major difference of opinion in translation of any of the words used in Quran 108:2. Some minor difference exists on translation of word ’نَحْرٌ‘ but that objection is also based on very weak arguments since “Nehar” is a well known word in classic Arabic of Quran and is used to represent animal sacrifice in general and sacrifice of camels in particular.

Imam Islahi writes:

قربانی کے لیے یہاں ’نَحْرٌ‘ کا لفظ استعمال ہوا ہے جو اونٹ کی قربانی کے لیے معروف ہے لیکن یہ اپنے عام استعمال میں دوسرے بہائم کی قربانی کے لیے بھی آتا ہے۔ یہاں خاص طور پر اس لفظ کے استعمال سے مقصود ابراہیمی قربانی کی طرف اشارہ کرنا ہے اس لیے کہ اونٹ کی قربانی ملت ابراہیم میں ایک محبوب قربانی تھی جس کو یہود نے اپنی بدعتوں کے تحت حرام قرار دے رکھا تھا۔ بعض لوگوں نے ’نَحْرٌ‘ کے معنی نماز میں سینہ پر ہاتھ باندھنے کے لیے ہیں، لیکن لفظ کے معنی اختیار کرنے میں موقع و محل کا لحاظ نہایت ضروری ہے۔ یہاں یہ معنی لینے کا کوئی محل نہیں ہے۔ نماز اور قربانی کے حکم کے لیے موزوں موقع اس وجہ سے پیدا ہوا ہے کہ لفظ ’کوثر‘ جیسا کہ وضاحت ہو چکی ہے، یہاں اپنے مجازی مفہوم یعنی خانۂ کعبہ کے لیے استعمال ہوا ہے۔ نماز کے ساتھ قرآن میں بالعموم انفاق یا زکوٰۃ کا حکم آیا ہے لیکن یہاں قربانی کا ذکر آیا ہے، اس کی وجہ ظاہر ہے کہ بیت اللہ جس طرح نماز کا مرکز ہے اسی طرح قربانی کا بھی مرکز ہے اور اس قربانی کا ایک خاص پہلو یہ بھی ہے کہ اس سے غرباء و مساکین اور ضیوف الٰہی کی خدمت ہوتی ہے یعنی دوسرے روحانی مقاصد کے ساتھ ساتھ قربانی سے وہ مقصد بھی پورا ہوتا ہے جو انفاق کا ہے۔

And following comments of Ghamidi Sahab from 22:54 to 25:28

https://youtu.be/818XEhSUiVk?si=6ryR0QKUTQXeIzYB&t=1374

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register