Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Breaking Relationship Entered Into With/Without Intention Of Marriage

Tagged: 

• Breaking Relationship Entered Into With/Without Intention Of Marriage

Posted by Muhammad Muaaz Zaka on November 10, 2023 at 10:27 am

AoA All,

I hope you are doing well.

I wanted to ask a few questions regarding the very crucial matter of our society i.e. the interaction OR friendship between two opposite genders. I have a few scenarios in this regard. Certainly, these scenarios are often seen in the society.

1. Lets say a man approaches a woman just for friendship, no intention to get into a romantic relationship or getting married to that woman. But with time, that woman may develop feelings for that man. Will that man be sinful for this? (breaking her heart / she may get hurt)

2. Lets say a man approaches a woman with an intention to know her and get married to her. With time, as he gets to know about that woman, his mind changes because she may not be his type. But that woman develops feelings for that man. Now again, will that man be accused of a sin in this scenario? hurting her feelings

Umer replied 5 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Breaking Relationship Entered Into With/Without Intention Of Marriage

Umer updated 5 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 1 Reply
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 13, 2023 at 1:05 am

Islam only tells the manners in 24: 30, and 31, which they are supposed to observe while interacting with each other. Developing feelings for each other is natural, and then how their relationship develops or breaks is what they have to deal with. The concern of Deen is to see if they maintain the prescribed decorum.

• Umer

Moderator November 16, 2023 at 1:35 am

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register