Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Hand-To-Hand Combat (i.e. UFC, Wrestling, Boxing, Kickboxing Etc.)

• Hand-To-Hand Combat (i.e. UFC, Wrestling, Boxing, Kickboxing Etc.)

Posted by Suleman Ahmad on November 13, 2023 at 11:38 am

1. What is the legal status of UFC in Islam? Is the money earned from it Halal or Haram?

2. Is wrestling permissible in Islam because of the Shariah? (Because it was played during the time of the Messenger of Allah (Peace and Blessings of ALLAH be upon him) and there was no objection to it).

3. When these games are played at the international level, the suit/outfit worn is slightly above the knees and slightly below the navel. So, is it halal or haram to earn money by playing in this situation?

Umer replied 5 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Hand-To-Hand Combat (i.e. UFC, Wrestling, Boxing, Kickboxing Etc.)

Umer updated 5 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator November 17, 2023 at 6:54 am

Participating in such sports is discouraged however they cannot be declared outright Haram and neither is the income earned from such sports be declared Haram. As for the outfit, attempts should be made to cover as much of the area annexed to the private parts as possible from Navel to Kness, and depending on the degree of violation of this directive, the sin may range from minor to major. However, the income would still be Halal because it is earned through means not explicitly Haram.

Please also refer to the video below from 26:11 to 26:50

https://www.youtube.com/live/99iAZeTMu-c?si=yen6UCmlPrRyFbL5&t=1571

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register