Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is Finding It Hard To Do Recommended Jihad A Sign Of Being A Hypocrite?

Tagged: 

• Is Finding It Hard To Do Recommended Jihad A Sign Of Being A Hypocrite?

Posted by Amin Ansar on November 13, 2023 at 8:40 pm

A thought came into my mind that there are people suffering in Palestine and I should go there and join their forces to fight. Although I feel fine when I send monetary help there, I feel it is too hard to go there and fight in those conditions. Is this a sign of hypocrisy? I believe that I will certainly do this if it is ordered upon me but I feel like this might just be an excuse of mine due to hypocrisy in my heart and due to doubts in my heart about hereafter and I do get such thoughts of doubts when considering to participate in activities that are harder but I don’t get such doubtful thoughts when doing easier tasks in the cause of Allah.

How do I feel certain that I don’t have hypocrisy? I feel like before I die, I must do the hardest thing possible to have peace of mind that I am a true muslim and not a hypocrite. I know the 4 signs that Prophet PBUH told us but I will still not have that peace of mind if I fix those 4 signs.

There is one more issue which I think is related to self-admiration, low-self esteem and pride/arrogance/kibr. Although I never do any deed to impress other people and I offer prayers in private only. But I feel like there is an impurity in my intentions even if I am doing that deed in private, I feel like I am doing it to feel better about myself and do kibr, even if I do it thinking that I was doing it solely to please Allah but time and time again, being self-aware, there is a thought that comes into my mind that is admiring me, like I am great or like I am so pious or I am special that’s why Allah has chosen me etc. I think this is another form of hypocrisy where you are not trying to please others but yourself.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 5 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Is Finding It Hard To Do Recommended Jihad A Sign Of Being A Hypocrite?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 5 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 14, 2023 at 2:19 am

These are imaginations. The test is when things come up and we see how we react. So you need to stop speculating and imagining things. These are not real.

• Amin Ansar

Member November 14, 2023 at 6:47 am

Can, not being ordered to do jihad in terms of physical fight be considered, when asking Allah to not put upon me hardships and make my life easy? Because on one hand Allah loves people who participate in jihad but on the other hand one is being grateful to be not ordered to do the hard types of jihad. Is being grateful right in this case? Also, since a person is missing out on an opportunity to be a martyr. And one more question, are all the momins with true iman, martyrs when they die?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 14, 2023 at 10:48 pm

We are advised to beg for ease from God. We are not told to ask for hardships. However, when a hardship occurs including Jihad, we are instructed to stay steadfast. To be a martyr is not the only higher status one achieves. We need to fulfill our duties as Muslims in every situation and can get a higher status.

Not every Muslim is a martyr. However, Shahada has a wider meaning in the Quran. It means to stand witness to the truth and be ready to go to any extent required, no matter whether one is killed or dies in this way of life, he is Shaheed.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register