Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Taking Correct Approach Towards Hadith Literature

Tagged: 

• Taking Correct Approach Towards Hadith Literature

Posted by Amin Ansar on November 16, 2023 at 5:44 pm

Whenever a prohibition is given clearly in a Hadith or is open to interpretation, I think like this:

Allah has not taken responsibility for Hadith but only for Quran and Sunnah. If Hadith was not there, will I still find a certain thing prohibited? If my answer is no, then I simply don’t look into that Hadith anymore. I only seek in hadith some additional knowledge about what is already given to us in the Quran and Sunnah.

For example, if there was no Hadith, is keeping beard a fard through Sunnah or Quran? Definitely not given anywhere. So I simply reject that interpretation of Hadith that keeping beard is fard.

Is this the correct approach? What could add to this approach?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Taking Correct Approach Towards Hadith Literature

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 16, 2023 at 11:17 pm

The fundamentals to consider something prohibited are mentioned in Surah al-Araf verse 33. and these are five: Obscenity, usurpation, transgression, bid’at and shirk.

The prohibition mentioned in hadith is the application of these principles. Some halal things are declared forbidden as preemptive measures. If the cause of prohibition is removed, the prohibited things become halal. These are the principles we observe to see what is haram.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register