Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Doing The Opposite Of What The Pagans Do, The Beard Issue

Tagged: ,

• Doing The Opposite Of What The Pagans Do, The Beard Issue

Posted by Amin Ansar on November 17, 2023 at 6:13 am

Some people say that keeping beard is fard because first of all, it is said in the Quran to not follow the disbelievers and Prophet PBUH told in a Hadith to do the opposite of what the pagans do, trim your moustaches short and leave the beard. So beard should be as much that it should look long enough and also moustaches should be short enough. Please answer. Also, these interpretations are tripping me up and putting me in an OCD loop of overthinking, what should I do?

Umer replied 5 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Doing The Opposite Of What The Pagans Do, The Beard Issue

Umer updated 5 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator November 21, 2023 at 3:46 am

There is a detailed discussion available where all these Hadith narrations on the topic of beard have been discussed. Please go through the entire thread below in order to understand the complete arguments of Ghamidi Sahab on the topic of beard. After this, you can adopt any opinion which you find more logical. There is no need to indulge in OCD in matters which belong to academic side of the religion. Just remember that our God is a just God who will give allowance for our honest mistakes, if any such mistakes are committed because of an honest error in judgement.

Discussion 1261

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register