Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Shahadah Is Testimony. But In Front Of Who?

• Shahadah Is Testimony. But In Front Of Who?

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on December 2, 2023 at 1:13 am

We often hear that we have to testify a thing before someone in court like “I did not do this thing etc” or this or that. my question is that the shahada of Islam of oneness of Allah and finality of prophethood of prophet Muhammad. who is this testimony to be in front of? is this a testimony to self or it’s like a court thing where you say it to people?

secondly if someone says to another person that I’m a kafir casually without any majboori. he is believing from inside but he just casually says he is Kafir, would this person be sinful in eyes of Allah? I’m not talking about that he would be treated as kafir in this world. I’m saying that if someone without any iztirar says like this to other person, would it be a like a casual lying sin like when a person says I saw a car which actually he didn’t, it is a simple lie like this? or is it a bigger and more serious sin than that? like telling someone casually he’s a kafir

Hassan Izhar replied 7 months, 4 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Shahadah Is Testimony. But In Front Of Who?

• Hassan Izhar

Member December 2, 2023 at 2:21 am

It is an attribute of people who are endowed with real knowledge and insight that they are so firm in their faith in God that they can bear a testimony of faith to themselves and before the world that indeed God is One and there is no other deity except him. Please see 3:81. The testimony of faith draws a framework for us to live our lives by, and it keeps things simple and compliant to God’s will.

Its proclamation also symbolizes that this is the ultimate truth that we want to keep on aspiring to in our lives till we die. So that if ever God forbid, we are about to deviate, it can remind us of where we want to stand.

3:18 God bears witness that there is no god except He, as do the angels, and those with knowledge, He is standing with justice. There is no god except He, the Noble, the Wise.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register