Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Inheritance Where Deceased Has No Desendents And Left Numbers With Names On

Tagged: 

• Inheritance Where Deceased Has No Desendents And Left Numbers With Names On

Posted by Ghazala Mirza on December 11, 2023 at 6:15 am

My uncle (dad`s younger brother) recently passed away in Pakistan and he left a sum of money in his account.

He never married,has no kids and his siblings have died.

I wanted to know who should his inheritance go to and what the breakdown should be? He has 13 nephew/nieces from his siblings – 6 male and 7 female.

He did not leave a will, whilst going through his things we discovered two handwritten notes, with 9 names and a sum written against the name. There is no way to verify whether what was written is valid. We have been told it holds no legal value.

In this scenario, what would be the best thing to do? Should Kalala method be used or use handwritten notes as a will?

Should Shariah be used or follow rules in Pakistan?

Umer replied 4 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Inheritance Where Deceased Has No Desendents And Left Numbers With Names On

Umer updated 4 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator December 12, 2023 at 11:01 am

Please send complete detail (as much detail as possible) to the following link to get official fatwa under supervision of Ghamidi Sahab in this regard:

https://www.ghamidi.org/fatwa/

• Umer

Moderator December 12, 2023 at 11:08 am

As a general principle of Inheritance, in this particular scenario and in the absence of any will, the inheritance will be received by the nieces and nephews in the way that they will share among themselves the share of their father or mother (i.e. deceased siblings of the legator).

The share of deceased sisters and brothers would be 1:2 i.e. brothers will get double of a sister’s share. Then this share will be distributed in their respective children (i.e. nieces and nephews of the legator) with ratio of 1:2 that each boy (i.e. nephew of the legator) will get double of the share of a girl (i.e. niece of the legator).

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register