Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Doubts About Impurity And Its Transfer To Other Items And Other Places

Tagged: 

• Doubts About Impurity And Its Transfer To Other Items And Other Places

Posted by Sehrish Farooq on December 12, 2023 at 4:00 am

My question is that if there is impurity on my clothes ( on my trouser) like period spotting or mazi on it and there in no time of prayer and I haven’t washed it so after istinja few drops of water falls on it will it transfer to my outer clothes or other thing like on bedsheet while sitting there or on carpet etc?

If we washed impurity from clothes we pour water and then squeezed it then after squeezing water falls on ground is that water pure or impure?

Sehrish Farooq replied 4 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Doubts About Impurity And Its Transfer To Other Items And Other Places

Sehrish Farooq updated 4 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 11 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator December 12, 2023 at 6:31 am

1) If you see impurity on other places clearly like seeing the colour of it on other places then impurity has transferred and if there is no such clear sign then doubts must be ignored.

2) Water dilutes the effect of impurity (if any) hence such waterdrops can be ignored.

• Sehrish Farooq

Member December 12, 2023 at 7:50 am

Thanks for your answer but mazi has no colour when dries so how to know if it transfers to else where or not, same how to know if it transfers from trouser to our body after istinja like (if trouser has dry mazi on it but your body is pure and after istinja your body or that area is wet will it transfer from clothes to body), other impurities has colors but how to know because dry mazi has no color how to know it transfers to our body or clothes or not

• Umer

Moderator December 12, 2023 at 8:23 am

Once Madhi gets dry, it loses its transfer property. Even scratching that portion would suffice, there is no need to wash that dry Madhi. And even washed, dry madhi does not transfer.

• Umer

Moderator December 12, 2023 at 8:26 am
  • Sehrish Farooq

Member December 13, 2023 at 1:03 am

Jazak Allah

I have a question I have read a hadith that when you wake up wash your hands thrice before ablution .so is it must that whenever you wake up from sleep you have to wash your hands means our hands are impure when we don’t wash it and touches things ?

Also should we wash impurity from both sides of clothes or from only that area which has direct impurity on it like if impurity on trouser then only wash the inner side of trouser which touches the body or also from outer side ?

• Umer

Moderator December 13, 2023 at 6:40 am

1). Complete Hadith is as follows:

Abu Huraira (rta) reported from Prophet Muhammad (sws): “When anyone amongst you wakes up from sleep, he must not put his hand in the utensil till he has washed it three times, for he does not know where his hand was during the night“.

Imam Muslim writes: This hadith has been transmitted through other chains of transmitters on the authority of Abu Huraira in which it is reported that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) made a mention of washing the hand, and did not instruct to wash it three times.

(Sources: https://sunnah.com/muslim:278a AND https://sunnah.com/muslim:278e)

AND

It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that the Prophet (ﷺ) said: When any one of you wakes from sleep, let him not dip his hand in (the water he uses for) his Wudu until he has washed it three times, for none of you knows where his hand spent the night.”

(Source: https://sunnah.com/nasai:1)

It was a precautionary measure recommended by the Prophet (sws) because wudhu at that time was not done directly from tap water but rather from a utensil keeping that water. Just so that water does not get impure because of impure hands (if any), this measure was recommended to protect the purity of wudhu water. And Imam Muslim has made it clear that in other variants there is no mention of three times, which means it is not an obligation but a recommendation. This does not mean that hands are always dirty or impure when one wakes up.

2). Washing the affected side will achieve the basic purity and is enough but one may choose to wash the other side as well.

• Sehrish Farooq

Member December 15, 2023 at 6:05 am

Jazak Allah

What about washing of clothes .like if you feel splashes of urine on clothes after urinating but don’t know where exactly it is then how to wash that area and to what extent

• Umer

Moderator December 15, 2023 at 6:43 am

Please go through the following thread and all the discussion threads shared therein. They cover all such scenarios which people face in daily life (especially the question regarding splashbacks) and will be of great help I hope. In case of a follow-up, please do not hesitate to post it here. But I recommend you to go through all the discussions shared in the following thread carefully.

Discussion 67585

• Sehrish Farooq

Member December 15, 2023 at 6:51 am

I have gone through it but it doesn’t match with my question… my question is that I have seen some splashes but don’t know exactly where it touches my trouser my left side of trouser or right because when I check it I didn’t see anything because trouser is of darl colour then in this case where you don’t know where splashes have touched your clothes then how to wash it like full trouser or just that area where uou feel it may be

• Umer

Moderator December 15, 2023 at 7:02 am

In cases where one is certain about the splashes but not about their placement, then one can either wash the suspected area of trouser which would be bigger area or they can choose to change the trouser.

• Sehrish Farooq

Member December 15, 2023 at 10:31 am

OK. And will it transfer to outer clothes or other places ?like I felt splashes on clothes on trouser and was not certain of placement and washed the area according to assumption that may be on right side but after washing again doubt occurs that may be it was on left side or on other area then trouser was wet and felt wetness on shirt but that wetness was of water from which it was washed so will that splashes transfer to other places where I sat or outer clothes like shirt

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register